The Student Room Group

Does anyone feel these GCSEs are really last minute?

It feels like I've been working hard for literal years to do well in the exams, had some big build up saying "I'm gonna get all As" etc. and now that they're actually happening, I find myself cramming, trying to memorise stuff the night before. But everyone is like that at my school, it's really caught up with us.

I always thought I would never be that person revising for their GCSEs the night before but I have done that for every single subject this week lmao.

Scroll to see replies

I fully feel the same way

been revsing for ages but seems so last minute
Reply 2
Original post by romansholiday
It feels like I've been working hard for literal years to do well in the exams, had some big build up saying "I'm gonna get all As" etc. and now that they're actually happening, I find myself cramming, trying to memorise stuff the night before. But everyone is like that at my school, it's really caught up with us.

I always thought I would never be that person revising for their GCSEs the night before but I have done that for every single subject this week lmao.

I'm exactly the same as you ha :rolleyes:
Reply 3
couldn't have related more to this post tbh:redface:
Are you Edexcel Geography B?
Are you Edexcel Geography B?

I'm doing this exam board, and tbh I think its going to be harder this year. Last years paper was quite easy so they probably want to step their game.
Do you have any predictions for it? I think for restless earth a six marker on volcanoes might come up. It hasnt come up for a long time now.
Reply 6
which 3 modules do you do for physical?
Meh. That's the Anxiety biting you (metaphor).
Your determination to pass fuels it as You strive to do the best you can now to spare yourself from feeling doleful on results day.
It's totally alright, but Just don't let it affect your sleep pattern or put you under stress.

Spoiler

trust man feels the same uno

What i do is i bun some weed the day before, cos the chemicals in marijewana helps you focus

SAME! In yr 10 I was like I'm gonna work really hard and start revision well in advance- but know I am doing all nighters for most of my subjects. On the bright side, this week all of my exams have gone really really well- apart from that horrid Biology exam!
PS. Do you have any tips on revising maths to secure an A*? My exam is this Thursday!

Best of luck with the rest of your exams!
Original post by sunshine774
SAME! In yr 10 I was like I'm gonna work really hard and start revision well in advance- but know I am doing all nighters for most of my subjects. On the bright side, this week all of my exams have gone really really well- apart from that horrid Biology exam!
PS. Do you have any tips on revising maths to secure an A*? My exam is this Thursday!

Best of luck with the rest of your exams!

The Biology was just horrible! I hope I got a B lol, it was really bad, I couldn't even concentrate on reading the questions because they were soooo long and nothing referred back to the spec (which they are obliged to do).

I'm not the best person to ask for Maths tips, it's one of my weakest subjects actually. I'm on the B/A boundary and trying my absolute hardest to secure an A, that would be amazing :smile: But I wouldn't mind getting a B considering I was on a D at the start of the year :s-smilie:
The Biology was just horrible! I hope I got a B lol, it was really bad, I couldn't even concentrate on reading the questions because they were soooo long and nothing referred back to the spec (which they are obliged to do).

I'm not the best person to ask for Maths tips, it's one of my weakest subjects actually. I'm on the B/A boundary and trying my absolute hardest to secure an A, that would be amazing :smile: But I wouldn't mind getting a B considering I was on a D at the start of the year :s-smilie:

Ok thanks for the feedback! Also congratulations on progressing from a D to a B lol I wish I could do that with computing! I am sure you will get that A in maths:smile:
Most of my revision has been the day/night before. I did start to revise over easter but I barely did any revision outside of school after the easter holidays until the start of study leave (which was the friday before my first exam).

Some subjects I'm not even planning to do more than about an hour of revision for (maths, additional maths, general studies, spanish) so I can spend the day before those exams focusing on other subjects (mostly sciences) because I just haven't left myself enough time.
I am exactly like this, I procrastinate too much. I did all of my GCSE chemistry revision on Wednesday I was panicking half the time and crying too, I just about managed to get it done. I haven't started revision for any subject this week, I keep telling myself I will do it in 5 mins. I know this is really bad but I just have no motivation to do anything.
Original post by niv1234
I am exactly like this, I procrastinate too much. I did all of my GCSE chemistry revision on Wednesday I was panicking half the time and crying too, I just about managed to get it done. I haven't started revision for any subject this week, I keep telling myself I will do it in 5 mins. I know this is really bad but I just have no motivation to do anything.

How did you find Chemistry? Do you do AQA?
How did you find Chemistry? Do you do AQA?

No I do edexcel iGCSE, I found it ok but then I looked at the 'unofficial markscheme' on here and started realising all the stuff I got wrong :frown: . Did you do AQA? How did you find it?

Yes! I swear I did more revision for my mocks than these GCSEs, it feels like yesterday that I was in year 7 and couldn't imagine getting out of school. I kind of feel like all the hard work I put in for the last 5 years has been for nothing because I haven't revised hard enough for these final few weeks.

I think more people are in this position than are admitting it, though. Sometimes coming on here gets me down because everyone claims to have been revising since they were in their mother's womb and it just makes me feel guilty for aiming for the same grades when I haven't put in that last push of effort :/
Original post by niv1234
No I do edexcel iGCSE, I found it ok but then I looked at the 'unofficial markscheme' on here and started realising all the stuff I got wrong :frown: . Did you do AQA? How did you find it?

I do AQA and found it really easy! REMEMBER - do not take the unofficial markschemes seriously! They are ROUGH guidelines. In the real markscheme they will have more than one possible answer (for science anyway) so you have more chance of getting the answer.
I am sure you have done really well and best of luck in your upcoming exams!:biggrin:
I do AQA and found it really easy! REMEMBER - do not take the unofficial markschemes seriously! They are ROUGH guidelines. In the real markscheme they will have more than one possible answer (for science anyway) so you have more chance of getting the answer.
I am sure you have done really well and best of luck in your upcoming exams!:biggrin:

Thanks, that made me feel slightly better. Good luck to you too, I hope you do well in everything.
Original post by CaptErin
Yes! I swear I did more revision for my mocks than these GCSEs, it feels like yesterday that I was in year 7 and couldn't imagine getting out of school. I kind of feel like all the hard work I put in for the last 5 years has been for nothing because I haven't revised hard enough for these final few weeks.

I think more people are in this position than are admitting it, though. Sometimes coming on here gets me down because everyone claims to have been revising since they were in their mother's womb and it just makes me feel guilty for aiming for the same grades when I haven't put in that last push of effort :/

Same here I want straight A*s- but even if I do get them I will feel guilty and like I do not deserve these grades for doing night before revision! The amount of revision I have done - I deserve to get D's!

Quick Reply

Latest