The Student Room Group

Anthology predictions for Edexcel English Language IGCSE June 2016

Hi any predictions for the Anthology piece in Edexcel English Language IGCSE June 2016?
I had Touching the Void in my mock so it most likely won't be that one!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Fred Ayre
Jan 16 game of polo ??
June 15 (r) passage to Africa ???
June 15 climate change ??
Jan 15 explorers or boys messing around
June 14 taking on the world
Jan 14 Chinese Cinderella
June 13 explores daughter
Jan 13 your guide to beach safety
June 12 game of polo
Jan 12 from touching the void
Jan 11 explorers or boys messing around

Defiantly not :
1. Explores or boys messing around
2.Game of polo (if It did come up but I'm not 100% sure)
3. Climate change (if It did come up but I'm not 100% sure)
4. Passage to Africa (if It did come up but I'm not 100% sure)

Most likely:
1. From touching the void (hasn't came up since jan 12)
2. your guide to beach safety
3. explores daughter
4. Chinese Cinderella
5. Taking on the world

That's a bit off
These are the official past papers from Edexcel:

Jan 16 ???
June 15 Touching the void / Climate change: the facts
Jan 15 Explorers or boys messing around
June 14 A passage to Africa / Taking on the world
Jan 14 Chinese Cinderella
June 13 Explorer's daughter
Jan 13 Guide to beach safety
June 12 Game of polo
Jan 12 Touching the void
June 11 explorers or boys messing around

So if I were to guess, this is my list of the most likely anthologies to come up:
1. Climate change webpage - Greenpeace UK (hasn't come up yet)
2. Game of polo
3. Your guide to beach safety
4. Explorer's daughter

I hope all this is correct, but they should be since I took them from the official Edexcel website (except for the 2011 one). Although I'm not sure about the 2016 January one, that might skew the prediction a little. I will try to ask my teacher whether she's got access to it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
According to my teacher it was a game of polo with a headless goat (January 2016)

Cheers mate! Yeah, in that case these three are the most likely to come up:

2. Your guide to beach safety
3. Explorer's daughter

I really think it will be the Climate change webpage since it's the last anthology which has never come up yet.

charlottesacha99: The mocks are usually internally done by the school, I don't think they reflect which anthology is likely to come up. I've got my English A IGs coming up too, so if I can recommend, revise all, but focus mainly on these three.
Ok thanks! Yeah the mock paper we did was for June 2015, so last year's, and I thought that's what most schools did, but I guess not! :smile: I hope it's not beach safety though, as there's literally nothing you can say apart from the blindingly obvious. :frown: Thanks again!
Maybe thats what they want us to think because it is the obvious...?

Do you have any idea what is likely to come up for English lit edexcel IGCSE. Im doing Mice of Men and A View from the Bridge.

Yeah I looked up all of the past questions for OMAM, which you can see attached
(It's got An Inspector Calls on it as well). Normally there's one character and one theme question, so ones it's unlikely to be are:
Curley or Death (June 2015)
Crooks or power
Curley's wife or disability

Likely ones are:
Lennie, George, Slim, and Candy
Dreams, friendship, and work
Reply 5
what about paper 2 any prediction ?
Reply 6
Hi.
Do you have any predictions for Section B and Section C of the Anthology?
Edexcel iGCSE English Language A June 2016
Original post by 4Revan
Cheers mate! Yeah, in that case these three are the most likely to come up:

2. Your guide to beach safety
3. Explorer's daughter

I really think it will be the Climate change webpage since it's the last anthology which has never come up yet.

charlottesacha99: The mocks are usually internally done by the school, I don't think they reflect which anthology is likely to come up. I've got my English A IGs coming up too, so if I can recommend, revise all, but focus mainly on these three.

I completetly agree with Climate Change especially because this is the final year they gonna be using our specs and cause its the last anthology to be done
What about passage of Africa is that a possibility to be added on with the ogher 3 options?
Reply 9
My teacher predicted Passage to Africa, Taking on the world, along with the top few, and said that climate change won't come cuz it came in one of the recent R papers. Do y'all think he's right?
Also, what are the predictions for anthology section B?
Original post by Droneon
Also, what are the predictions for anthology section B?

I am not sure though. But I would like it if Out, Out or Refugee Blues appear.
If I were to put up a list, I would suggest Out,Out on the top. Wbu? What's your prediction?
Original post by Droneon
My teacher predicted Passage to Africa, Taking on the world, along with the top few, and said that climate change won't come cuz it came in one of the recent R papers. Do y'all think he's right?

Yeah, that's exactly what my teacher said too!
Original post by colourlessness
I am not sure though. But I would like it if Out, Out or Refugee Blues appear.
If I were to put up a list, I would suggest Out,Out on the top. Wbu? What's your prediction?

I'm with you on that. Out, Out on top, and then Refugee Blues, Disabled, Necklace and Electricity comes to Coca Bottom, although not in that order. And probably Hero as well, although I wouldn't want it to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Droneon
I'm with you on that. Out, Out on top, and then Refugee Blues, Disabled, Necklace and Electricity comes to Coca Bottom, although not in that order. And probably Hero as well, although I wouldn't want it to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same. I wouldn't want Hero to come. I don't find enough things to elaborate on. The poems do good though.
x.
:smile:
Original post by colourlessness
Yeah same. I wouldn't want Hero to come. I don't find enough things to elaborate on. The poems do good though.
x.
:smile:

Yeah. Did Unknown Girl come in any recent paper? Cuz I'm not sure about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Droneon;65016517]Yeah. Did Unknown Girl come in any recent paper? Cuz I'm not sure about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Showed up in 2015 so I doubt it will come again
Original post by TheShadoWolf
Showed up in 2015 so I doubt it will come again

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Droneon
Yeah. Did Unknown Girl come in any recent paper? Cuz I'm not sure about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup! An Unknown Girl came last year for the June 2015 English Paper. So, that is the least predicted one. I don't these guys will repeat it tis year as it came last year. But who knows? These guys are unpredictable.
You can never tell. :confused:

Quick Reply