The Student Room Group

WJEC GERMAN GN2 Thursday 19th may

Scroll to see replies

Ah okay, thanks! I put kostenlos then changed it to teuer 😭
Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember the first and last questions were a bit weird. I wrote that she hadn't bought all her Christmas gifts yet, it's important for him to be with family, it's more important to give than receive for her, there are unusual gifts at the market, something about food at the Christmas market last year, and his family give money to poorer families instead of giving presents
Reply 22
The last question for the listening was something like what is she going to talk to her family about, but I felt like that was the same thing as the question before that. The question before was like what does his family do for Christmas or Christmas presents I can't remember. Did anyone else think this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 23
I put:
sich fühlt (fühlen),
ausgezeichnete (ausgezeichnet),
den Geschenken (die Geschenke),
ihre Familie (ihr),
sie will (wollen)
Reply 24
As far as I can remember:
Akzeptieren
Kostenlos
Interessenten
ungewöhnliche
Aussprechen
Richtig
Allmählich (think sofort was right)
Problem
Finanziert
Reply 25
The other gap fill I got was gerringere
I got similar for all of the listening, for the one asking how we know they went last year, I put she wanted to compare the Glühwein to last year and see if it tastes as good and for the last one I put possibility of discussing donating to the poorer people as the other guys family did.
Reply 26
Which essay did you choose?
Reply 27
The internet school one, wasn't too bad
Reply 28
Those ideas sound good, I wrote that everyone should be entitled to an education so an Internet school is a great alternative, then standard both sides like the students arguably have a better relationship with teacher and can still achieve great things but on the other hand a normal school allows for real life contact and integration and perhaps an Internet school could lead to a total dependence on tech and therefore lose real life interaction but overall said Internet school was good.
For the translation I think the voll goes one word before the end, so it was something like verb,verb so verb, haben sie ... voll integriert.
The sentence I struggled with was the 6 mark translation about something without classrooms I think it was "sie haben es also nicht so weit ihrer Schüler ohne Klassenzimmer" couldn't make sense of it
Reply 29
Yeah anything above 30 in the essay will be good, for the exam prep I put they communicated via email about their leaving of school as I couldn't remember what schulabschluss was but its graduation so if the examiner is being super generous may give the mark haha
I actually found the article from the exam for the translation : http://m.dw.com/de/schule-ohne-klassenzimmer/a-17798461
The six marker is in there if you want to check your sentences
Reply 30
I put the 7 fully qualified teachers live in Bochum or the surrounding area, they have it like this so they are not so far away or something from the school, then I think I put they prefer the Internet school to other schools because they can be more creative with learning materials etc
Original post by Cal1234
I put the 7 fully qualified teachers live in Bochum or the surrounding area, they have it like this so they are not so far away or something from the school, then I think I put they prefer the Internet school to other schools because they can be more creative with learning materials etc

Anyone doing GN4?!
Reply 32
Original post by Examstuffxoxo
Anyone doing GN4?!

I am, I retook GN2 to pick up a few extra UMS to take pressure off GN4
Reply 33
Yeah I think it will be around 79-80/98 because it was, in my opinion harder than last years GN2 and it was 82 last year for an A
Original post by Cal1234
I am, I retook GN2 to pick up a few extra UMS to take pressure off GN4

Can we start a thread on GN4? How are you preparing for it..?
Reply 35
Original post by Examstuffxoxo
Can we start a thread on GN4? How are you preparing for it..?

Yeah that would be a good idea, I'm doing practice essay questions and learning vocab and past papers in general
Reply 36
I think the oral is pretty much the same difficulty, the paper is definitely harder as the essay requires a lot of analysis on a specific play or film and there's the 25 marker translation of English to German, overall you just need to have your grammar sorted at A2 as it matters a lot more but other than that it's enjoyable
Did you relate all these to interrail/Europe? I talked about these too but I didn't directly say about when you travel through Europe, just when you travel...
I really hope so! I didn't do what you did and do the deshalb thing specifically about interrail or Europa, but I did do it for travel, for example

Als Folge, denke ich, dass es wichtig zu fahren ist.

Do you think that will suffice?
78 for an A... i was hoping it would be 20 for an A tbfh :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending