The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 1 - 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Haroon55
What are Solomon past papers?

They are practice papers made by edexecel, OCR etc. If you want some tough practice (harder than AQA) then check out the edexcel solomon papers.
Original post by Emad1993
what did you guys get for the translation? (0.5 , - 41/4) ?

Yesss, I thought it was really weird but I'm glad someone got that! :smile:
Original post by charlottegreets
Yesss, I thought it was really weird but I'm glad someone got that! :smile:

Hey, it was (1/2, 41/4) The 41/4 should have been positive, not negative :smile:
I am kicking myself over the circle question. The one about the diameter was a mid-point question where you had an original point and a midpoint and you had to work backwards to find B! :angry:
Original post by rifat12345
Hey guys, how was the exam? I failed.

I failed too.
I so regret picking maths as an A-level.
I should have done english, would have flown by with that. I'll regret my choice forever -_-

I just sat in the exam thinking when the hell is this going to end. ;/
Original post by Zaydy33
Hey, it was (1/2, 41/4) The 41/4 should have been positive, not negative :smile:

It's negative

y= (x-1/2)^-41/4

If it was possible you would replace y with y-41/4 which becomes

y-41/4=(x-1/2)^

Then you'd rearrange it and get y=(x-1/2)^+41/4 and that was not the curve you was trying to get

Therefore the translation is

1/2
-41/4
Guys, if I want to apply for science will it look bad having a D for as and the retaking maths next year hopefully to an A/A* ??
Also, is there a lot of error carried forward? I made some really stupid mistakes like 7 x 7 as 14 not 49 !!!
Can anyone remember the circle question?
Reply 429
If anyone would like the Core 1 Paper, just PM me.

(If a lot of people want it I'll post the link on here)
:parrot:
62 for an A ...not a good grade boundary for this one
Did this today for my mock and it was helll
Original post by TheYearNiner
Did this today for my mock and it was helll

You kind of expect it bearing in mind the papers gradually get harder from 2014 (ish) onwards :frown:. I noticed that when i was doing past papers.
Original post by kiiten
You kind of expect it bearing in mind the papers gradually get harder from 2014 (ish) onwards :frown:. I noticed that when i was doing past papers.

I know right! I Can't imagine what 2017 core 1 will be like! :redface:
Original post by TheYearNiner
I know right! I Can't imagine what 2017 core 1 will be like! :redface:

Dont worry youll be fine, after youve learnt the content maybe around March/April time do past papers every day :smile: At least that way youll have a rough idea of where youre at and how to improve. I sat the 2016 paper you did as a mock and managed to get an A. The best advice i would give is to always ask if youre not sure about something (if you dont wanna ask your teacher, ask on TSR :biggrin:)

.... core 1 is supposed to be the easiest, just saying....wait till C4

Quick Reply

Latest