The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivyivyivy
did you have to write about the findings? i just wrote that in other cultures behaviours could be interpreted differently? i remember learning about how germany saw a high degree of exploration and not much of a secure base as a good thing because it showed independence, but i have nO idea what i was on about tbh

i thought it was 6 for outline with procedure and findings and then 6 for evaluation? i wrote about the meta-anaysis for findings too
Original post by whowhatwherewhen
i thought the working memory one was awful! i wrote about the working memory model in the tiniest amount of detail. for the self-report one im sure that is self-report techniques like interviews and questionnaires? i just wrote a method of how to basically carry out an investigation! 100% wrong

Original post by mali473
Yeah pretty much. Some more info

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Michael_Fishy
So basically, what he did was train his participants to analyse their own feelings. To say what they were thinking about, how they were thinking about it, why etc. He'd show them an an object and they'd record their feelings.

The method was crap, to put it bluntly. Very subjective, and had a lot of issues with validity. Not replicable at all, but it opened the door for more psychology studies to come, and established it as an actual science

Stressing about the new spec?Finally on the apple appstore
Technocrat Notes app

Applehttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/technocrat-notes/id1111953817?ls=1&mt=8

Googlehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Technocratnotes.a pp&hl=en_GB
Hey, does anyone know if this mark (from new AS) influences a lot the university application? As it it the new specification...I am quite confused about this...
Reply 523
Original post by Roubass
Hey, does anyone know if this mark (from new AS) influences a lot the university application? As it it the new specification...I am quite confused about this...

it does
Original post by Roubass

Because the course is under a linear new spec, if you're an A* student but you only get a C this year, as long as next year you get As and A*s in your exams, this year's C doesn't matter as you will receive an A/A* certificate for the a level
How many marks do u think u need overall for an A both papers combined?
For the animal study does anyone think it might not be asking for the monkey or geese, would they want us to answer it as precocial?
Reply 527
Original post by Psychopathology
For the animal study does anyone think it might not be asking for the monkey or geese, would they want us to answer it as precocial?

I wondered that too (which is why I stated both). Confused as to why Lorenz had three-lines and Harlow had two. It opened it to seeming you needed to write more - perhaps just putting two very short lines would have been adequate imo? - if they just wanted just animal and researcher.
Anyone thinking of starting a new one for the second paper? I mean it's time we forgot about this and started worrying about paper 2 on Monday!
Original post by doc.dolittle
Anyone thinking of starting a new one for the second paper? I mean it's time we forgot about this and started worrying about paper 2 on Monday!

I will

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alicestringer_

There's already one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emma9991
Oh yeah I know that really annoyed me! I thought there would only be 1! I spoke to the others in my class and they hated the working memory one, I wrote about the working memory model but I don't think that's right😬The question was too vague! Although if we all found them quite hard then hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower right? What do you think about the self report question? I don't remeber being taught that?

To be honest your teachers should've known there'd be 2 12 mark essays because it's been said by the examiners and the paper layout also the 12 questions are usually the same as seen in the text books so it wasn't really that vague...

Plus everyone I've spoken to thought he paper was really good... My teachers think the grade boundaries will most likely go up. The only thing that really confused me was the self report question! I've never been taught that.
I talked about Peterson and Peterson.
Original post by Ihonestlydk
Many people said that they stated about encoding, duration and capacity. However I did the opposite and stated the evaluation points for the MSM that linked to STM.

Baddeley and Hitch did the working memory model however it does link to the STM saying that its not one store but a number of different stores.

However it asked mostly about STM and MSM so I don't know if you'll gain any marks, max 1 mark but I'm not sure. :smile:
Original post by orlaaaxx
the 12 marker question for attachment was something like "discuss the strange situation in assessing attachment types"
did we have to outline it in detail? or is it mainly evaluation ??

yes the question was something like that you can also find it out in the link above before the mark scheme you can see the question I think that it required both according to the mark scheme .
By the way any predictions on paper 2
I just marked my paper using the unofficial mark scheme and at the moment, it's looking like I would have JUST got an A! I'm shocked because I genuinely thought I was gonna get a B in this paper but it looks like a lot of what I said was correct. Yay!
Original post by abbeyjayne
I just marked my paper using the unofficial mark scheme and at the moment, it's looking like I would have JUST got an A! I'm shocked because I genuinely thought I was gonna get a B in this paper but it looks like a lot of what I said was correct. Yay!

How many marks? I think I might of got around 54-55 but I'm not sure, wbu?
Original post by vezuxiii
How many marks? I think I might of got around 54-55 but I'm not sure, wbu?

I marked myself 61 :smile:
Original post by abbeyjayne
I marked myself 61 :smile:

Thats good, especially if your marking yourself harshly!
Can anyone explain to me what a schema is in the cognitive approach and what
we need to know about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending