The Student Room Group

OCR AS Geology - Processes and Products Monday 23rd - Predictions ??

Hi
Anyone got any predictions for the years geology processes and products exam??
Thanks
Original post by ASNinja98
Hi
Anyone got any predictions for the years geology processes and products exam??
Thanks

Magmatic differentiation, Al2SiO polymorphs, contact metamorphism and deep marine basin environments are my predictions:h:But lets be honest it could be anything....:bawling:
Original post by fullofschist
Magmatic differentiation, Al2SiO polymorphs, contact metamorphism and deep marine basin environments are my predictions:h:But lets be honest it could be anything....:bawling:

Same, but also Glacial environments and diagenesis
x

Original post by fullofschist
x

Original post by SiânHelen
x

Hi guys! I did this exam in 2014 and got an A in it (plus an A overall for my Geology A Level), and I was wondering if there were any topics for this exam that you need help understanding? I'd be happy to explain anything if you have any last minute queries, and I just thought I'd ask :h:
Reply 4
Hey
my main struggle is just remembering all the types of rock with descriptions and then the environment graphic logs. Any tips to help remember them :smile:?
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hi guys! I did this exam in 2014 and got an A in it (plus an A overall for my Geology A Level), and I was wondering if there were any topics for this exam that you need help understanding? I'd be happy to explain anything if you have any last minute queries, and I just thought I'd ask :h:
Hey
my main struggle is just remembering all the types of rock with descriptions and then the environment graphic logs. Any tips to help remember them :smile:?

Hello!

For the rock descriptions, I found that writing down a list of which minerals were in each rock helped me to learn them better. Also practice drawing cross sections of each rock (particularly the sedimentary ones), because you might be asked to do that in the exam.

For the graphic logs, I would definitely learn the ones for deltaic sequences and marine evaporite deposits, as I'd say those are the most likely sequences to come up in the exam. Again, practice drawing them out because you might be asked to do that in the exam :smile:
Reply 6
Ahh ok thanks for the help :smile:

Original post by Leviathan1741
Hello!

For the rock descriptions, I found that writing down a list of which minerals were in each rock helped me to learn them better. Also practice drawing cross sections of each rock (particularly the sedimentary ones), because you might be asked to do that in the exam.

For the graphic logs, I would definitely learn the ones for deltaic sequences and marine evaporite deposits, as I'd say those are the most likely sequences to come up in the exam. Again, practice drawing them out because you might be asked to do that in the exam :smile:
Ahh ok thanks for the help :smile:

No problem! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 8
Does anybody else have any predictions? clastic and non clastic sedimentary rocks?

Quick Reply

Latest