The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by lou_16
So is it right to kinda expect the 2x 12 mark essays to be on approaches and psychopathology?

yep
What is the difference between confounding and extraneous variables? Is a confounding variable like participant variables just an example of an extraneous variable because they can cause changes to the dependent variable rather than the independent variable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by skittles17
What is the difference between confounding and extraneous variables? Is a confounding variable like participant variables just an example of an extraneous variable because they can cause changes to the dependent variable rather than the independent variable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could be wrong here - is confounding variable something which you know about before the experiment and an extraneous variable is something happening during the experiment?
Original post by lou_16
I could be wrong here - is confounding variable something which you know about before the experiment and an extraneous variable is something happening during the experiment?

Wish I knew 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by skittles17
Wish I knew 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

😂 ik same - the text book always switches between confounding and extraneous variables 😂
Extraneous variables are things I can't control that could affect my DV.

For example, in a field experiment, I can't control the weather, whether participants are distracted by a squirrel, of a swarm of locus or even individual differences and these things could affect results and thus my DV (what I'm actually testing).

Confounding variables are when the Ex.V has been successful in affecting my DV.
(edited 7 years ago)
[UOTE:smile:=Soph97;64940739]Did this today in A2 hope this help

thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobi
What's the predictions for the 12 marker?
Please tell me I'm not the only one who hasn't revised for this exam :'(
Reply 68
Original post by goal101

I recon there'll be a 12 marker saying discuss the cognitive / biological / behaviourism / slt approach. But in one of the specimen papers there was one on slt so im guessing that wont come up.
The other 12 marker will probably be on psychopathology but idk what they'll ask
Original post by goal101

http://www.tutor2u.net/psychology/blog/3-essential-revision-videos-to-watch-before-you-take-aqa-as-psychology-paper-2

Watch these.
They have predictions at the beginning of each topic.
The videos are presented by examiners and cover the main points and techniques on how to answer questions.
Original post by Griffinc
Anyone got any revision materials they would kindly share? Im dreading this paper- thought 1st one was okayyy! How about everyone else? X

I have made a table of all of the evaluation points for psychopathology and approaches, with summary points, strengths and weaknesses for each topic etc if anyone is interested i'll post them :smile:
I'm going to make a 2nd whatsapp group (as the other one made is now full) so we can share revision notes/chat about the exam/get help with anything you're stuck on - just message me your number and we'll get it started up!!!! GOOD LUCK :biggrin:
Anyone got brief notes for biopsychology I could look at?
Would be much appreciated
Reply 73
has anyone not started revision for unit 2 ? (i gotta focus on economics right now arghggh)
Reply 74
If there was a 12 marker for social learning theory, do we include Bandura's study in the outline or evaluation?
Original post by bkih2
If there was a 12 marker for social learning theory, do we include Bandura's study in the outline or evaluation?

You can because its relevant research

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by mali473
You can because its relevant research

Posted from TSR Mobile

But where would you include it, Outline or evaluation? Thanks
Original post by roisinroisin
I have made a table of all of the evaluation points for psychopathology and approaches, with summary points, strengths and weaknesses for each topic etc if anyone is interested i'll post them :smile:

i'm interested!
Does anyone know how much each paper is weighted? Like are they both 50% each of our final grade, or is one more than the other? Thanks.
Original post by IRoranth
Does anyone know how much each paper is weighted? Like are they both 50% each of our final grade, or is one more than the other? Thanks.

50% each

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest