The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE maths, give each other questions to do.

Make them juicy because this year they have made gcse maths much harder, i'll start us off,http://prntscr.com/b6fzjk
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

That's easy
Original post by there'snoneed
That's easy

lol ok well it's a starter, then in that case, try dis http://prntscr.com/b6fzjk, gonna replace my first link with this one actually.
image.jpeg

im not sure if this image will work as im on mobile but this was on an edexcel paper, but yeah proof is pretty easy
Are these real past paper questions because our schools done practically all the past papers for edexcel maths humanely possible. now we do AQA cause we've run out.
Are these real past paper questions because our schools done practically all the past papers for edexcel maths humanely possible. now we do AQA cause we've run out.

mine wasn't but my maths teacher gave me it as an A* prediction booklet for this year
Reply 6
Original post by ihatehannah
Make them juicy because this year they have made gcse maths much harder, i'll start us off,http://prntscr.com/b6fzjk

Please let the edexcel IGCSE students join in. Content is quite similar just IGCSE has some extra topics and is less wordy with its questions. :-)

Good practice.
Original post by chrlhyms
mine wasn't but my maths teacher gave me it as an A* prediction booklet for this year

The predictions never work though and the questions on it are quite hard that they actually are in the real exam.
Original post by _Xenon_
Please let the edexcel IGCSE students join in. Content is quite similar just IGCSE has some extra topics and is less wordy with its questions. :-)

Good practice.

yeah i've been doing IGCSE as practice papers-they are pretty good
The predictions never work though and the questions on it are quite hard that they actually are in the real exam.

But its better to spend 3 minutes practicing a hard question that could gain you 6 marks in the exam, then you could just loose in the exam if you didn't do it before
yeah i've been doing IGCSE as practice papers-they are pretty good

The IGCSE is easier, right? What do you think? :smile:
image.jpeg

im not sure if this image will work as im on mobile but this was on an edexcel paper, but yeah proof is pretty easy

part A , I got q= 0.4 and p = 1000
Original post by _Xenon_
The IGCSE is easier, right? What do you think? :smile:

yes because it asks questions in 3 or 4 parts, but its good to look at some variation they could ask, what do you think?

yes much harder past paper exam questions, which make you think, perfect practice for the exam
But its better to spend 3 minutes practicing a hard question that could gain you 6 marks in the exam, then you could just loose in the exam if you didn't do it before

Not if it takes you longer.
part A , I got q= 0.4 and p = 1000

how come you got that? i got p=1600 and q=1/2 as i referenced to the point on the graph where t=0 and F=1600 and anything to the power of 0 is one so just rearranged
how come you got that? i got p=1600 and q=1/2 as i referenced to the point on the graph where t=0 and F=1600 and anything to the power of 0 is one so just rearranged

ahhh 1600, thought it said 1000, very hard to read , pic was blurry for me sry.
Not if it takes you longer.

well seeing how hard people have found edexcel C1 and FP1 in a level i think we're gonna be in for a shock hahah so better safe than sorry
ahhh 1600, thought it said 1000, very hard to read , pic was blurry for me sry.

hahah sorry my picture is terrible, well you would have got that right!

How do you know they've made maths harder this year, and in what way? I know it got really difficult last year, but I figured they'd go a bit lighter because of all the backlash :/

Quick Reply

Latest