The Student Room Group

English: To Kill a Mockingbird & An Inspector Calls Exam Revision

How do I revise for To Kill a Mockingbird and An Inspector Calls? Exam is on Monday got an A in my mock without revising thoroughly - what do I need to do? xx Thanks in advance :smile: xx
Think this thread might belong in English, not Foreign Languages! Might explain the lack of answers :smile:

I would suggest that you make a list of themes in both texts, along with characters, and ensure that you have quotations to explain their place in the novel. With characters, try to include quotations that show their development, for example Sheila in AIC is very naive at the start, but develops more social awareness as the play progresses (a good quote for her is "but these girls aren't cheap labour - they're people").

When it comes to the exam, remember to focus on getting as much analysis as possible out of short quotes - always think about alternative interpretations and the effects and connotations of individual words. Don't forget your context in TKAM part B - if you don't use it, it could drop your answer down a whole band.

Good luck for Monday!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending