The Student Room Group

2016 AQA GCSE Chemistry Unofficial mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Do you think you could put soot instead of carbon particulates?
Original post by gg0905
Do you think you could put soot instead of carbon particulates?

yeah, it was only like question 2
Posted from TSR Mobile
For the charges question I for some reason put Proton has a charge of 1, Neutrons have a neutral charge and electrons have a negative charge.
(Idk why I included electrons)
Would I drop a mark from that?
Original post by redsoules
Goodluck in the future. Madáme

Thank you, I'll need it 😊
Original post by MCOD1999
Posted from TSR Mobile
For the charges question I for some reason put Proton has a charge of 1, Neutrons have a neutral charge and electrons have a negative charge.
(Idk why I included electrons)
Would I drop a mark from that?

Of course not....they'll just ignore what you put for electrons. Youve got them 2 marks dw :smile:
Would hydrogen has to be exstracted by electrolysis not be a disadvantage?
Original post by Rahat.H
carbon particulates due to insufficient oxygen and therefore incomplete combustion

soot doesn't form due to incomplete combustion, carbon monoxide does
Original post by jackbarry1999

'
Incomplete combustion occurs when the supply of air or oxygen is poor. Water is still produced, but carbon monoxide and carbon are produced instead of carbon dioxide. The carbon is released as soot.'
From bitesize. Soot forms as well he was right.
Original post by jackbarry1999

Soot is formed as well as carbon monoxide :h:
For the question which said crude oil vs plants advantages and disadvantages and give two reasons and explain them, i said that crude oil doesnt require plants to be grown so it can be used for purposes of crops for food.

and i said for disadvantages, crude oil is not renewable and crude oil will run out at some point so it isn't a sustainable fuel and so the production of plastics from crude oil will stop once it runs out.

How many marks would I get /4 ?

A reply back would be much appreciated thanks :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CaSama9
For the question which said crude oil vs plants advantages and disadvantages i said that crude oil doesnt require plants to be grown so it can be used for purposes of crops for food.

and i said for disadvantages, crude oil is not renewable and crude oil will run out at some point so it isn't a sustainable fuel and so the production of plastics from crude oil will stop once it runs out.

This is pretty weird because I put exactly the same and I'm unsure also :-/
Original post by ma77tyLG9
This is pretty weird because I put exactly the same and I'm unsure also :-/

yeah! i mean it seems pretty reasonable to me but i think the real markscheme looks for answers like 1) reliable 2) production of co2 but im unsure. The bad thing was that we could only give 2 reasons and exaplain them so the first thing which came to me was them!
Original post by CaSama9
yeah! i mean it seems pretty reasonable to me but i think the real markscheme looks for answers like 1) reliable 2) production of co2 but im unsure. The bad thing was that we could only give 2 reasons and exaplain them so the first thing which came to me was them!

I was in exactly the same boat! it would've made so much more sense to talk about reliability of production etc. but it just didn't pop into my head at the time :-( Still, I hope you've done well and good luck for the rest of your exams :-)
Original post by ma77tyLG9
I was in exactly the same boat! it would've made so much more sense to talk about reliability of production etc. but it just didn't pop into my head at the time :-( Still, I hope you've done well and good luck for the rest of your exams :-)

Same! do you think that even if our answers aren't on the markscheme, that they can put it on review and still give us marks for it? And thank you, you too, good luck on physics next week.
Original post by CaSama9
Same! do you think that even if our answers aren't on the markscheme, that they can put it on review and still give us marks for it? And thank you, you too, good luck on physics next week.

Yeah, I reckon there's definitely credit available for the answer as it is definitely valid :-) Thanks and the same to you :-)
I can't remember the carbon neutral question?
Original post by TSRHayle
I can't remember the carbon neutral question?

The second to last one.
Reply 517
Original post by jamie1000
around 30-33 marks what grade would this be ?

I think that would be a solid B. I harshly marked myself and got around 45/44 marks, hopefully that's an A. It'll be even better if they have lower grade boundaries this year!
Reply 518
Original post by CaSama9
For the question which said crude oil vs plants advantages and disadvantages and give two reasons and explain them, i said that crude oil doesnt require plants to be grown so it can be used for purposes of crops for food.

For disadvantages I said that if we keep using crude oil the prices will increase, would that get me any marks?
Original post by Billyalan
Would hydrogen has to be exstracted by electrolysis not be a disadvantage?

That's what I wrote! Not sure though, that's what I remember from my revision guide, let's hope so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending