The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology Unit 1 & 2 OLD SPECIFICATION [RESITS]

Scroll to see replies

I am so relieved, do you think interactionism would come up as a 20 mark question?
Original post by MindOfFinn
I am so relieved, do you think interactionism would come up as a 20 mark question?

Possibly. I'm not sure if that's come up before although I would imagine it would probably ask about labelling rather than the interactionist perspective itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the big 20 education marker my teacher thinks that it could be Marxism or Ethnicity as gender came up in like 2013 or something, however they did ask a marxist like question in 2013 january I think so she said revise everything!! As long as you know class really well you can relate a lot to it, Im focusing on Ethnicity this weekend then go over marx/funct monday , gender briefly (already know class)

-
Oh and she doesnt think class will come up as it did in the new spec unless its about internal reasons
Really wish I had understood MIC last year... I didn't even attempt to do the question. 15 marks down the drain :/
My teacher's predictions for old spec education and research methods resit 24th May
Education - Marxism, School processes and Marketisation of education
Research methods - Questionnaires, Experiments and the practical and theoretical factors influencing research.
Original post by adelecorner
My teacher's predictions for old spec education and research methods resit 24th May
Research methods - Questionnaires, Experiments and the practical and theoretical factors influencing research.

Thats helpful thanks! I also heard experiments hadn't come up for a while
guys have they asked any question on external factors before?
Original post by adelecorner

marxism already came up as a 20 marker in 2013, new right hasnt come up at all
pules they haven't asked any question on external factors or boys achievement.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 112raindrop
guys have they asked any question on external factors before?

My teacher said they hadnt come up/in a long time and that its likely ti could come up
How would you do a question on school processes or marketisation? :/
Original post by Fraserulysses
My teacher said they hadnt come up/in a long time and that its likely ti could come up

whats your prediction for unit2?
Original post by 112raindrop
whats your prediction for unit2?

Lol i been staring at the past papers, idk about MIC because i have just learnt them all over the course of the year (should be easiest part of the paper), but I think Marxism and External factors, im really hoping its EXT though as I have done a lot of revision for it whereas Marxism is a bit tedious and boring

I also got told they couldn't ask a question specifically about the NR and they asked a functionalist question in 2014 so its unlikely to be theory I think (Marx sorta question in 2013)

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/sociology/as-and-a-level/sociology-2190/past-papers-and-mark-schemes
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol i been staring at the past papers, idk about MIC because i have just learnt them all over the course of the year (should be easiest part of the paper), but I think Marxism and External factors, im really hoping its EXT though as I have done a lot of revision for it whereas Marxism is a bit tedious and boring

I also got told they couldn't ask a question specifically about the NR and they asked a functionalist question in 2014 so its unlikely to be theory I think (Marx sorta question in 2013)

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/sociology/as-and-a-level/sociology-2190/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

I hope it's not Marxism 😩😳
What about new right and ethnicity
Can you help with methods in context
How would you answer it please? Like structure.....?

same i hope the 20 marker is on External factors (revised it a lot)
Original post by xxvine
I hope it's not Marxism 😩😳
What about new right and ethnicity
Can you help with methods in context
How would you answer it please? Like structure.....?

I always use "TEP" when doing MIC
- Theories (pos/interpret , qual/quant etc etc)
-Ethical wether its good or bad
- Practical (Cheap, quick, easy or hard, expensive and long...)
I do Good then bad for each one and try to make it about a page maybe page 1/2 long
(I do bad to anaylsis it so ... Positivsts like this blah blah blah... However interpretivists may not favour official statistics as they cannot seek the meaning behind actions, social actors have agency) but I keep it fairly brief

sometimes theyve asked things like Examine the view that theoretical issues are the most important factor influencingsociologists’ choice of research methods.

I would probably split that interpretivist/positive advantage and disadvantages

If anyone wants a quick revision guide I have made for all topics (Ext/int) mar/funct BUT NO SOCIAL POLICY then PM i will send it over it may be useful for some

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/resources/sociology-education
(edited 7 years ago)
I do Good then bad for each one and try to make it about a page maybe page 1/2 long
(I do bad to anaylsis it so ... Positivsts like this blah blah blah... However interpretivists may not favour official statistics as they cannot seek the meaning behind actions, social actors have agency) but I keep it fairly brief

sometimes theyve asked things like Examine the view that theoretical issues are the most important factor influencingsociologists’ choice of research methods.

If anyone wants a quick revision guide I have made for all topics (Ext/int) mar/funct BUT NO SOCIAL POLICY then PM i will send it over it may be useful for some

can i please have the revision guide?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/resources/sociology-education

this is what really throws me
how are you supposed to answer that question

if practical things are most important
like what are you supposed to talk about?
Original post by xxvine
this is what really throws me
how are you supposed to answer that question

if practical things are most important
like what are you supposed to talk about?

I guess they couldnt really ask you a question on that because you couldn't actually use any theory ? I may be wrong though would be interesting to know lool
... this question came up recently damn definatly gunna ask my sociology teacher now
Examine the ethical problems that sociologists may face in conducting their research
(edited 7 years ago)
My predictions from looking at past papers is gender may come up as it hasn't come up since 2013 where it was a 20 marker, New right hasn't come up thus i have a feeling it may come up this year although i have a doubt as functions came up in 2014 also social policies hasn't come up as short marker in a long time therefore i wouldn't leave that topic out as it might come up as 12 markers even though it was a 20 marker last year.. hard to fully predict as its the last spec!:frown:
Original post by aminaaz97
My predictions from looking at past papers is gender may come up as it hasn't come up since 2013 where it was a 20 marker, New right hasn't come up thus i have a feeling it may come up this year although i have a doubt as functions came up in 2014 also social policies hasn't come up as short marker in a long time therefore i wouldn't leave that topic out as it might come up as 12 markers even though it was a 20 marker last year.. hard to fully predict as its the last spec!:frown:

Thank you for your knowledge❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending