The Student Room Group

Russell group and retakes

If I did my a-levels again, with different subjects and got good grades, ie AAB could I go to a Russell group uni? Or are they funny about retakes?
Original post by shazy2014
If I did my a-levels again, with different subjects and got good grades, ie AAB could I go to a Russell group uni? Or are they funny about retakes?

If you are doing different subjects, then they are not retakes.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
If you are doing different subjects, then they are not retakes.

Oh right okay, so do you think it is worth doing if I wanted to be a doctor?
Oh right okay, so do you think it is worth doing if I wanted to be a doctor?

I have no idea how likely you are to get the grades you need for medicine, since I don't know you, but I will move this to the medicine forum. If you think you will get AAB, that won't be good enough.

You can have a look at the list of the Medical School A-level requirements here.

They differ from place to place but in general, you'll need at least AAA with at least one science (Chemistry) at A-level.
Reply 5

Firstly AAB isn't enough for any medical school. Also most don't allow a levels taken over more than three years. Unless you have extenuating circumstances

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
check with individual universities about changing A level subject, but you'd need at least AAA for ANY med school, and why are you so fussed about russell group? As far as medicine is concerned, it doesn't really matter where you study, since you're all on equal standing at the point of graduation. Choose the university you like (location etc), the one you're more likely to get into or the one whose course structure you like (like for anatomy you can be taught by dissection or prosections etc)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending