The Student Room Group

Exams are easy?

I'm finding my GCSE exams too easy, at least much easier than I have been told by A level pupils. I'm not sure if it's just me or if anyone else feels this, but I've put in a lot of work before my exams and it all feels kind of pointless, so now I'm not motivated at all :frown: I do further maths and last year when I did maths, I found it quite easy and got an A*, therefore I don't know if what I'm feeling now is a good thing or not. Should I be feeling challenged? Does it get absolutely horrible to cope with? Please I need motivation :/ I'm with CCEA board and so far I have finished Maths (A*), ICT, Spanish listening and PE. They have all been far easier than my mocks, give me some motivation pls & ty

P.S yes they are easy subjects overall but I revised the hardest things for each one and nothing came up, the papers were too easy imo

P.P.S or was ccea just like 'you know what let's have v high grade boundaries this year'
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Cbeattie740
I'm finding my GCSE exams too easy, at least much easier than I have been told by A level pupils. I'm not sure if it's just me or if anyone else feels this, but I've put in a lot of work before my exams and it all feels kind of pointless, so now I'm not motivated at all :frown: I do further maths and last year when I did maths, I found it quite easy and got an A*, therefore I don't know if what I'm feeling now is a good thing or not. Should I be feeling challenged? Does it get absolutely horrible to cope with? Please I need motivation :/ I'm with CCEA board and so far I have finished Maths (A*), ICT, Spanish listening and PE. They have all been far easier than my mocks, give me some motivation pls & ty

P.S yes they are easy subjects overall but I revised the hardest things for each one and nothing came up, the papers were too easy imo

Congratulations, you're clever.
I agree completely. I do igcse biology and i revised all the hardest topics only to be asked about the effects of global warming....im sure theyll get harder, especially this week coming with 2 english lit exams. Just try and force yourself to revise, im in the same boat where i cant be bothered but i know if i dont revise then i wont get the grades i want!
Good luck with the rest of your exams :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ombtom
Congratulations, you're clever.

Just trying to see if anyone else feels/felt like this
Just you wait till A levels, much much harder than GCSEs
Reply 5
Original post by Music With Rocks
Just you wait till A levels, much much harder than GCSEs

Did you find your exams easy? And yea I've heard terrible things :frown:
Reply 6
Enjoy it while it lasts...
This is precisely why people hate tsr
Reply 8
Original post by TajwarC
Enjoy it while it lasts...

Ok will do haha thanks :smile:
Reply 9

I've yet to come across such a thing as 'easy' A Levels... :smile:
Original post by litlanglad
I agree completely. I do igcse biology and i revised all the hardest topics only to be asked about the effects of global warming....im sure theyll get harder, especially this week coming with 2 english lit exams. Just try and force yourself to revise, im in the same boat where i cant be bothered but i know if i dont revise then i wont get the grades i want!
Good luck with the rest of your exams :smile:

Thanks very much for the advice, you too :smile:

I did revise hard for GCSEs and ended up with 6A*s 3As and 2Bs, but a lot of people pass GCSEs comfortably with no revision. At A levels this is not the case, it is common for people to get a U at A level and fail their subjects. For example in the last three in class tests at school I got U's.

And here I was thinking I was a genius with my GCSE results :wink:

But don't be too disheartened it is obviously possible, if you really put the time in early on you have a good chance of success. But is it a step up? Definitely, A2 is also much harder than AS and AS is much harder than GCSEs so it gets progressively more difficult.
Original post by Music With Rocks
I did revise hard for GCSEs and ended up with 6A*s 3As and 2Bs, but a lot of people pass GCSEs comfortably with no revision. At A levels this is not the case, it is common for people to get a U at A level and fail their subjects. For example in the last three in class tests at school I got U's.

And here I was thinking I was a genius with my GCSE results :wink:

But don't be too disheartened it is obviously possible, if you really put the time in early on you have a good chance of success. But is it a step up? Definitely, A2 is also much harder than AS and AS is much harder than GCSEs so it gets progressively more difficult.

Ok thanks very much, well done for your results and im sure youll do well in your a levels :smile: good luck :smile:
Reply 14

People actually feel upset when they find their exams easy...?
Original post by s.mo

People actually feel upset when they find their exams easy...?

Hahahaha its really just because ive got 0 motivation to revise
honestly, GCSEs are so easy!!!!
AS exams are hard
A2 is harder still
and then depending on uni and subjects , it gets back to easy sometimes

If you're flying through GCSEs then A levels should be okay for you. Just keep keeping on.

If things are easy then appreciate it while it lasts, it wont last forever
Reply 17

P.P.S or was ccea just like 'you know what let's have v high grade boundaries this year'

Actually come to think of it so far mine have been easier than expected. That definitely DOESN'T mean that I have got full marks:angelblush: in them just that I was expecting them to be harder... I'm sure that'll change though :h::redface:
yeah, sounds like you need so much motivation to revise..

Quick Reply

Latest