The Student Room Group

Have you ever been robbed?

Have you been broken into? Burgled? Mugged? Scammed?

Share your story. (If you want to).

Scroll to see replies

Thankfully not.
I gave some dude standing next to a food stand £20 to buy something... the guy sprinted off with my £20... turned out he never worked there hahahaha I laugh whenever I think back on it
Robbed & burgled, separate incidents. Was about 15. Burglary was worse, can replace material possessions but it takes a while to feel comfortable in your home again after some **** has broken in.
Never. People know that if you mess with the bull you get the horns
Reply 5
An attempted was made but fought like a man, only way id hand over my possessions is if they had a gun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I lived in a houseshare during second year which was burgled three times in a year, people just kept forgetting to lock both the front and back door properly before they went out until the third time where they stopped relying on other people to lock up after them.
Thankfully we had locks for our rooms and I kept all my stuff in mine so I never lost anything but from my housemates they stole a bike, an XBOX 360 with the games and controllers, a PS2 with the games and controllers and nearly the communal TV (was found face down with all the wires disconnected and the front door wide open).
Police said it was likely to be taxi drivers because they know where all the student houses are, wasn't particularly that rough an area either.
I went on a weekend trip to London with my Mom (I can't remember the exact location but it was down a street which wasn't particularly busy) there was a crowd of people stood around a small shop with a man stood there with a microphone shouting "Free perfume" and was throwing out bottles of expensive and celebrity perfumes into the crowd. Looking back these people were obviously just plants, however naively me and my mom went over. The guy then did this little demonstration where he was dropping expensive perfumes into a gift back (there was about 8 perfume bottles in each bag) and he was selling the bags for £20 however if you bought two then it would cost £15. Stupidly me and my mom fell for it and paid for two bags (a male and a female bag) as right in front of us he was dropping expensive perfumes into the gift bags, we thought this is what we would be getting. Turns out when we looked in the bags they were full of cheap perfumes which smelt like absolute s***t. Me and my mom felt so stupid at the time, but looking back we find it quite funny that we could be so naive. So lesson learned here; if you ever go to London (or anywhere) and there's a charming foreign guy selling you bags of expensive perfumes for £20 , don't fall for it! There's no expensive or celebrity perfumes in there as he switches the bags before he gives you them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XMaramena

Robbed of my heart

Yes i've been robbed of my butt virginity
Yep someone broke our window in the night, climbed into the lounge and took our car keys and my dad's laptop. My dad and brother were going to Manchester for a football match the next day so they obvs couldn't go, but on the news we heard about a father and son coming out of the away end and being beaten up and taken to hospital. Can't help but think it could've been my dad and brother :frown: Fate is a crazy thing
I was mugged in Paris. I had my phone in my back pocket, next time I checked, it was gone :frown:

My house was also broken into, but we had some kinds of stuff in front of the backdoor (like a clothes drying rack) so the burglar fell on his arse and ran away lmao...
When i went to Newcastle with my friends for the weekend we all stayed in a friend of a friends house. We went out for the night and came back pretty late, when we got to the house there were police there and we found out most of our stuff had been burgled. We went into the house and all of our cash had gone as well as shoes, handbags and makeup. The strangest thing they took were our underwear, we spent the rest of the weekend finding a way to get back home because nobodies parents wanted to drive up we ended up staying for another few days, and most of us couldn't afford new bras and we didn't want to leave the house because we didn't have any makeup.
My house was burgled twice; the joys of living in Nottingham!

First time someone noticed a tiny open window at the top of the house, climbed up and through, went down the stairs while we were all still in the house, took stuff from the hallway and left.

Second time was when we were away on holiday. Some people had noticed that our lights had been off all week, and deduced that we weren't in. On the day before we returned, they broke into our shed, stole a crowbar, used it to force one of the weaker doors open, stole our car keys and took the car.

Nowadays we make sure to close all windows at night, and for holidays we have this thing which turns the lights on and off at various points during the day, to make it look as if someone is always in.
My motorbike was stolen in Wimbledon

Posted from TSR Mobile
My parents came to pick me up from the train station after school and then we went to my brothers school to pick up my brother and his friend, my parents had been gone from the house for about an hour or so. My house was broken into, for some reason they only stole our passports but they had rummaged through all our stuff. I was 14,and for a while I was freaked out that someone had gone through all my clothes, personal belongings and stuff and I used to panic whenever I heard noises and I was home alone for at least half a year.
Thankfully I haven't but my mum has had money stolen out her purse by a 'friend' who then tried to pin the blame on one of my friends before coming clean months later and my boyfriend got mugged years ago. All they got was his wallet which had no money in it and he got bet up because he didn't have anything more valuable on him. He tried to fight back but there was about 5 of them and only one of him. Those scumbags were never caught :angry:
Reply 18
Yes
but am not going tell the story
too much typing

1. had a half ounce curb bracelet stolen OFF OF MY WRIST while i slept that i got for my 18th birthday(unrecovered)
2. had a stock safe stolen from me with £15,000 of uninsured stock in it (recovered)

Quick Reply

Latest