The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physical Education - Unit 1: Theory - Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by examhater44
Guys im making an unofficial markscheme for our edexcel pe......I remember most of the questions but not all so if u guys could help me by telling me some questions that would be great..

Hmm im fairly good with remembering, there was the one about elite basketball player becoming a coach(4) marks, one about initiatives and priority groups for 2 marks, the bike on one 3 marks, what does A stand for in SMART (1) there was one about apart from prevent injury why else do we warm up, one about how does exercise relate to Rest, need any more just message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueribbons99
Hmm im fairly good with remembering, there was the one about elite basketball player becoming a coach(4) marks, one about initiatives and priority groups for 2 marks, the bike on one 3 marks, what does A stand for in SMART (1) there was one about apart from prevent injury why else do we warm up, one about how does exercise relate to Rest, need any more just message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There was the 2 6markers - balanced diet of an elite athlete and how skeletal and muscular system work together with the girl kicking the football, there were
Guys im making an unofficial markscheme for our edexcel pe......I remember most of the questions but not all so if u guys could help me by telling me some questions that would be great..

I'm happy to help if you message me I'll see what I can remember

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Original post by Danny19822
Last six marker you needed to mention about extensions and flexions at the knee and adduction and abduction of the leg because of the muscles, ie quadriceps and hamstring(mention these are an antagonistic pair and which one is the antagonist at each point and how gluteal muscles and abdominals move the leg from back to front , you basically just had to do a step by step of what each muscle was doing, you also had to mention the joint names like hinge joint or ball and socket, I've probably missed a load but if I carried on I would have to write my 6 marker!(could of also mentioned gastrocnemius to flex the foot up to kick the ball)

This is good but there is no abduction or addiction as the legs don't move away from the centre line of the body. Just say that the hamstring causes flexion and the quadriceps cause extension. You could also talk about the insertion and origin of the muscles you talk about and also how the skeletal system allows for movement, support and protection.
Original post by _chloeematt
I talked about antagonistic pairs and joints and the skeletal system and how that aids movement - I hope that's right...

I've need 60 for an overall A* - I'm not sure if I got it but I think I defo got an A... hopefully!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You only need 60/80 UMS to get an A* overall. That's not the same as needing 60 marks in the exam. For example, on last year's grade boundaries, you only needed 54/80 in the exam to get 60/80 UMS. It all depends where they set the boundaries as they change every year depending on students' performance. It's also possible you'd need more than 60 marks in the exam to get 60/80 UMS if it was an-ultra easy paper with high grade boundaries.

See my post here for an explanation of the grade awarding process: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4103357&page=2
(edited 7 years ago)
If we got 49/50 in practical, how much do we need in theory to get the A*

Based on last year's grade boundaries you'd need the same as if you'd got 50/50 in the practical as both 49/50 and 50/50 gave you 120/120 UMS. Last year you'd have needed 54/80 in the exam to get an A*.
Guys what was the fourth question? was it the bike one??
Reply 127
For the interval question i think i got it wrong-It said how interval training is used and i said for a 10000m runner the training is low in intensity and will last longer

for sprinter i said. he would have a higher intensity in training and will last for a smaller duration

I think its wrong? what was the answer

Also what did you say for the priority
question
Guys here it is!

I know I missed some questions like the 6 markers....
Feel free to add other questions i missed out and correct any answers.
Also, some questions may have a variety of answers.....I just included what the majority of people wrote
Guys here it is!

Also, some questions may have a variety of answers.....I just included what the majority of people wrote
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys here it is!

I pray this is wrong because i only got 22/80??? HAHAHAHA whattttttttt !?!?!? but considering i did no revision i wouldnt be surprised :')
Reply 131
Original post by bethanyjx
I pray this is wrong because i only got 22/80??? HAHAHAHA whattttttttt !?!?!? but considering i did no revision i wouldnt be surprised :':wink:

This mark scheme doesn't have everything and it has only one version of an answer for each question so don't worry...
Original post by Ads.m
This mark scheme doesn't have everything and it has only one version of an answer for each question so don't worry...

Oh okay thank god for that haha! I was told by my teacher I need 46% on the exam to get a B overall..do you have any idea what that would be marks wise?
Original post by henry10910
your on a strong B, if u get around 45 on the exam (C) you will get a b overall. goodluck g

i got 49/50 on practical, what would i need on the test out of 80 to get a B overall?
Reply 134
Oh okay thank god for that haha! I was told by my teacher I need 46% on the exam to get a B overall..do you have any idea what that would be marks wise?

probably bout 49.
i got 49/50 in my practical what would i need out of 80 on the paper to get a B
Original post by Ollie Moseley
i got 49/50 in my practical what would i need out of 80 on the paper to get a B

Based on last year's grade boundaries, 49/50 gives you 120/120 UMS (I know this may sound strange but the reason for this is that there is a full UMS 'cap' that is worked out by adding the difference between the A* and A grade boundaries onto to the A* boundary). Last year 45/50 was an A and 47/50 was an A* so the full UMS cap (i.e. the mark that gets you 120/120 UMS is at 49/50).

So assuming this stays the same, with 120 UMS you need 20/80 UMS to get a grade B (as you need 140/200 UMS overall). To get 20/80 UMS last year on the exam you needed to score 20/80 marks on the exam.

To get an A you need 160/200 UMS overall which means you need 40/80 UMS on the exam and you needed 40/80 marks on the exam to get this last year.

To get an A* you need 180/200 UMS overall which means you need 60/80 UMS on the exam and you needed 54/80 marks on the exam to get this last year.
Original post by theaceman
Actually it's more like 20!

Worked it out.. I think it's about 37 marks which is rather good :smile: even though I still probably failed
Worked it out.. I think it's about 37 marks which is rather good :smile: even though I still probably failed

Scrap the above post - I was referring to Ollie Moseley's question, not yours.

How many marks out of 50 did you get in your practical and I'll work out the exact number of marks you need based on last year's grade boundaries?
So guys how accurate was the markscheme?

Dont forget to build and develop it

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest