The Student Room Group

Could you sue a teacher for teaching the wrong specification?

So my teacher is teaching AS-level Biology all on the old A-level specification. We were all blindly following her until about 3 weeks ago we found that she was, in fact teaching it all wrong. There are, of course, overlaps, however the style of marking is different, and there are variations which have an actually profound effect on my result. I took the specimen paper for the new spec and got C/D borderline, whereas on the old spec (the one she taught) i was on very high A's. This will, of course, effect my uni application and thus my future career.
Reply 1
Original post by harini11
So my teacher is teaching AS-level Biology all on the old A-level specification. We were all blindly following her until about 3 weeks ago we found that she was, in fact teaching it all wrong. There are, of course, overlaps, however the style of marking is different, and there are variations which have an actually profound effect on my result. I took the specimen paper for the new spec and got C/D borderline, whereas on the old spec (the one she taught) i was on very high A's. This will, of course, effect my uni application and thus my future career.

You can't sue her. However, the school can speak to the exam board and get this taken into account, and when you apply for uni it can be taken into account there too.

Quick Reply

Latest