The Student Room Group

Is this guy just not that into me?

There is a guy I've liked for almost 5 months ,who it was kind of love at first sight with.

Basically we met, began talking every day and then after 2 weeks admitted we liked each other, but he told me he was leaving England in 4 months and wanted to travel around ,(and wanted to move to Russia) so he wasn't looking for a relationship.
I struggled to get over him and I think he tried to create a bit of distance between us in order to not hurt me/lead me on.
We stayed in contact, and about 2 months ago things got a bit flirty between us. I tried to move on and went on a date with someone else, and when he found out about my date, he got pretty upset.

We ended up seeing each other for a bit and had sex a couple of times ,but I couldn't do it after all because I found myself getting too atached to him, and he agreed we should stop and it wasn't a good idea.
He's told me several tmes recently that he likes me 'like that', he said I've got every quality going etc. He wanted us to spend time together before he leaves, and to make the most of it, but now he agrees it's not a good idea.
He's said that because of his travel plans he doesn't want to get into a relationship; he isn't looking for a relationship right now.

Is he just not that into me? He told me that because he moves around so much he just doesn't get attached anymore, and he doesn't want to get attached to me. I understand Russia is very far and I admit it would have been very difficult. However, do you think if he had more feelings for me that he would want to bve with me regardless? Thanks.
Reply 1
We've spoken almost every day since January but we've only actually seen each other in person about 7 times this year, which admittedly is not that many.. I guess maybe we haven't seen each other enough inorder for him to develop stronger feelings.. I've just no idea what to make of it :s
Reply 2
Nothing doing I would say. But at least you escaped the friendzone.
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
Nothing doing I would say. But at least you escaped the friendzone.

What do you mean sorry nothing doing? Yeah I mean he has told me like 3 times in the past month that he likes me and he's 'sure of it'...
Reply 4
He
Original post by Anonymous
What do you mean sorry nothing doing? Yeah I mean he has told me like 3 times in the past month that he likes me and he's 'sure of it'...
He's philandering..
Reply 5
tldr
Reply 6
For a shorter version, a guy who says he likes me and who I was seeing for a little bit, doesn't want a relationship with me because he's leaving the country next week and wants to travel abroad and go and live in Russia, and says he's just not looking for a relationship in general, he wants to travel and not be tied down. Does that mean he just doesn't like me enough/if he really liked me, would he want to commit to me irrespective?
There is a guy I've liked for almost 5 months ,who it was kind of love at first sight with.

Basically we met, began talking every day and then after 2 weeks admitted we liked each other, but he told me he was leaving England in 4 months and wanted to travel around ,(and wanted to move to Russia) so he wasn't looking for a relationship.
I struggled to get over him and I think he tried to create a bit of distance between us in order to not hurt me/lead me on.
We stayed in contact, and about 2 months ago things got a bit flirty between us. I tried to move on and went on a date with someone else, and when he found out about my date, he got pretty upset.

We ended up seeing each other for a bit and had sex a couple of times ,but I couldn't do it after all because I found myself getting too atached to him, and he agreed we should stop and it wasn't a good idea.
He's told me several tmes recently that he likes me 'like that', he said I've got every quality going etc. He wanted us to spend time together before he leaves, and to make the most of it, but now he agrees it's not a good idea.
He's said that because of his travel plans he doesn't want to get into a relationship; he isn't looking for a relationship right now.

Is he just not that into me? He told me that because he moves around so much he just doesn't get attached anymore, and he doesn't want to get attached to me. I understand Russia is very far and I admit it would have been very difficult. However, do you think if he had more feelings for me that he would want to bve with me regardless? Thanks.

Seems like his goals are more important, he has a life to live and it doesn't revolve around females right now. He doesn't want a relationship that's all that matters, no point in holding on to what ifs. And that's a question you should really ask him.
Reply 8
yeah, I guess a relationship is just not his priority right now, irrespective of whether he says he likes me or not... I know that's just something I've got to accept..
Reply 9
bump
He obviously likes you very much, but he can clearly see that your 'relationship' is going nowhere because he's going away. Even if he did try to stay with you regardless, it wouldn't work out long term, and it seems that he can see that. I think you might be overthinking this just a bit.

Curious question, why are you trying to hold on to him, when I'm assuming that you can see that it wouldn't work out long term? You do realise that your issue doesn't actually have anything to do with how attracted you guys are to each other?
I think you should accept what he is saying at face value. Credit to him for being so honest and not just lying and using you.

I think I told you in another thread that he's not into you, he is only after sex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending