The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think mixed race is more like 25% a particular race not sure wiki might answer though
Delete
(edited 7 years ago)
You are mixed race, you can identify as being more black if you want. It's totally up to you.
Do you look more mixed or black? What are people more likely to classify you as?
Being mixed race simply means your ancestors come from different ethnic backgrounds, the percentage is not important. I think it's bizarre when brown people with European facial features call themselves black. :dontknow:
Reply 5
If you are mixed race white n black you are black tbh whites wont accept you anyway, us black people stick together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nickierose21
Then wouldn't all black people be mixed? Since most are a quarter black? I doubt snoop dog or john legend are mixed people.

I don't really know I was guessing, if other people and yourself consider you as mixed well there's your answer really.
Everyone is probably mixed race down the line. If we originated from mitochondrial Eve (who was of a dark complexion) then we probably all have some different colours in us. Ezpz science
I consider myself black for the most part. My dad apparently had more white in him than I thought though. I took a dna test and it showed that I'm 53% black. I always considered him mixed. Not white. But I still don't really see myself as mixed but rather black?

Ok you are black.
So?
mixed race isn't just limited to people of black origin. My mum who is half Asian half British identifys as mixed race which encourages me to do so as well as im a quarter Asian. Ethnicity is just how you identify yourself with particular cultures like i look white af but because such a large majority of my family who i am really close with are Asian i identify as mixed race to feel closer with them, my family. Hope this has helped
I'd imagine we're all mixed race to some extent, it just isn't visible in everyone to the untrained eye.
this thread is the biggest damn mess i've ever seen. REALLY???????
you are mixed race if your parents are of different racial backgrounds. it's not about the origin of humanity and where your first ancestors came from.......mixed race people constantly have to struggle to retain their identity bc white ppl wanna pretend everybody is mixed race when that CLEARLY isn't the case when racism and white supremacy is involved.

if you and your parents have white and black racial heritage then you are mixed race! if you are mixed white and black you can also identify as black - they are not mutually exclusive and you have just as much right to your black heritage and culture! I'm mixed race and I also consider myself black, using both terms in different situations. It's not a science AT ALL, it's a socially constructed classification, as many other ancient and current cultures do not define race in the way that westerners and Europeans/Americans understand it.

edit: i only mentioned black and white bc of the op's heritage - but you can be mixed with any combination of races!
(edited 7 years ago)
Delete
(edited 7 years ago)
I consider myself black for the most part. My dad apparently had more white in him than I thought though. I took a dna test and it showed that I'm 53% black. I always considered him mixed. Not white. But I still don't really see myself as mixed but rather black?

What colour are you parents?
Delete
(edited 7 years ago)
My mom is dark brown my dad was a light olive complexion
Original post by cherryred90s
What colour are you parents?
my dad's Philipino and my mum's Turkish so ive always considered mixed race as someone with parents that aren't the same race.
My mom is dark brown my dad was a light olive complexion

By colour I mean race. Are they black or what? What's their origin
Original post by cherryred90s
By colour I mean race. Are they black or what? What's their origin

my dad was English Italian and lebanse/Algeria descent. I am 53% African descent so he was at least a little over a sixth African descent himself. My mom is west African descent 100%.
Delete
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest