The Student Room Group

Of mice and men wjec

Hi so my exam is on monday, does anyone have/share the most important quotations for each character?
Thanks
Original post by KIKI2000
Hi so my exam is on monday, does anyone have/share the most important quotations for each character?
Thanks

It's hard to decide on what is an important quotation. Tbh it's up to personal preference to what one decides is important- it's all about what you can write about to get the best grade possible.
Reply 2
Original post by #clueless
It's hard to decide on what is an important quotation. Tbh it's up to personal preference to what one decides is important- it's all about what you can write about to get the best grade possible.

True, im so stressed and if it was up to me i would try memorise the whole book, is there any web sites you could recommend that has key quotes , what are your predictions that will come up for omam ?
True, im so stressed and if it was up to me i would try memorise the whole book, is there any web sites you could recommend that has key quotes , what are your predictions that will come up for omam ?

If you're doing WJEC then I'm praying for the mood and atmosphere of the final chapter for the extract question; and the essay being the importance of Curley's Wife or the symbolism of hands.

I have no idea about other exam boards :redface:
Reply 4
If you're doing WJEC then I'm praying for the mood and atmosphere of the final chapter for the extract question; and the essay being the importance of Curley's Wife or the symbolism of hands.

I have no idea about other exam boards :redface:

I do WJEC, I havent explored the symbolism of hands, if possible could you please tell me all points that explore the symbolism of hands
Thanks
I do WJEC, I havent explored the symbolism of hands, if possible could you please tell me all points that explore the symbolism of hands
Thanks

Basically, Curley with his soft and hard hand; then it gets crushed. Candy's missing a hand. Crooks has to use a hand to add linament. George shoots Lennie with his right hand and stares 'at his right hand which held the gun' (quote?). Slim's hands are 'large and lean... delicate'. Lennie's hands are like 'paws'. Lennie underestimates his own strength with his hands; seems to not have control of them when he kills Curley's Wife. CW's hands are more feminine, I think she has nail polish etc.

It's a broad topic; something my English teacher keeps going on about.
Reply 6
Thanks

You really should have started learning quotes earlier I finished mind maps on each character with quotes ages ago learnt them mostly and just glancing over them now.
Reply 7
Basically, Curley with his soft and hard hand; then it gets crushed. Candy's missing a hand. Crooks has to use a hand to add linament. George shoots Lennie with his right hand and stares 'at his right hand which held the gun' (quote?). Slim's hands are 'large and lean... delicate'. Lennie's hands are like 'paws'. Lennie underestimates his own strength with his hands; seems to not have control of them when he kills Curley's Wife. CW's hands are more feminine, I think she has nail polish etc.

It's a broad topic; something my English teacher keeps going on about.

Thank you, and good luck
Curley’sWife· “a guy tol’ me he could put me inpitchers”· “I could get you stung up a tree soeasy it ain’t even funny”· “They left all the weak ones behind”· “she wore a cotton house dress and redmules… and red ostrich feathers”· “her face was heavily made up”· “I always thought my old lady stole it” Guy tree behind mules heavily stoleGeorge· “I’ll work my month an’ I’ll stake myfifty bucks and stay all night in some lousy cat house”· “No more harm in him than a kid”· “He took on the tone of confession”· “He usta like to hear about it so muchI got to thinking maybe we would”· Sharp, strong features· He’s my… cousin Month harm tone usta featurescousin Slim· Ain’t many guys travel around together…maybe ever ’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other.· He ain’t mean… I can tell a mean guyfrom a mile off· S’pose they lock him up an’ strap himdown… that ain’t no good either· He moves with a majesty achieved onlyby royalty· He was a jerkline skinner, the princeof the ranch.· Ageless face · Hands of a temple dancerDamn mile lock majesty prince ageless temple-dancerLennie· I wouldn’t eat no ketchup if it wasright here beside me· Guys like us… are the loneliest guys inthe world· I want you to stay with me George· I don’t wan’t no fights· We could live offa the fatta the lan· Lennie dabbled his big paw· Strong as a bullKetchup loneliest stay fights fatta dabbled bullCandy· He was the best damn sheep dog I everhad· A guy on the ranch don’t never listen…nor he don’t ast no questions· I’d make a will an’ leave my share toyou guys· “Poor bastard” he said softly· I wisht somebody’d shoot meCrooks· Damn listen share bastard somebody’d· Crooks scowled, but Lennie's disarmingsmile defeated him. "Come on in and set a while," Crooks said."'Long as you won't get out and leave me alone, you might as well setdown." His tone was a little more friendly.· "George can tell you screwythings, and it don't matter It's just the talking. It's just bein' with anotherguy. That's all."· "You got no right to come in myroom. This here's my room. Nobody got any right in here but me."· "There wasn’t another coloredfamily for miles around. And now there ain’t a colored man on this ranch an’there’s jus’ one family in Soledad."· "I seen hunderds of men come by onthe road an’ on the ranches, with their bindles on their back an’ that samedamn thing in their heads."· "This is just a ****** talkin',an' a busted-back ******. So it don't mean nothing, see?" · She turned on him in scorn."Listen, ******," she said. "You know what I can do to you ifyou open your trap?"· "Crooks' bunk was a long box"· "copy of the California civil codefor 1905"· "they let the ****** in thatnight"
These are my quotes, I haven't done all of the characters - Good Luck <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending