The Student Room Group

English Edexcel iGCSE Literature Predictions 2016

Hey guys,

With the exam so close what do questions do you guys reckon will come up? Especially for Romeo and Juliet (which not many people seem to be doing for some reason) and Of Mice and Men?

Would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Nothing about the Nurse's role in Romeo and Juliet have ever come up, or on Friar Lawrence. They are minor characters, but I think there's lots to say about them. In of mice and men, nothing has come up on the readers thoughts on Curley's wife and her personality or general leadership of the ranch, such as the boss, Curley and slim working together to keep things in order? I've focused on characters, as you can tell, would be good to have some other opinions though.
Reply 2
Original post by Rosiejo
Nothing about the Nurse's role in Romeo and Juliet have ever come up, or on Friar Lawrence. They are minor characters, but I think there's lots to say about them. In of mice and men, nothing has come up on the readers thoughts on Curley's wife and her personality or general leadership of the ranch, such as the boss, Curley and slim working together to keep things in order? I've focused on characters, as you can tell, would be good to have some other opinions though.

Just last year the June 2015 R version of the exam had a question on the Nurse, it was "the nurse is juliets closest friend, how far do you agree with this point"? So yea there most likely wont be a question on the nurse, i do think though that smaller characters are likely to come up
Reply 3
What's the R version?
Reply 4
Original post by Rosiejo
What's the R version?

it's for countries which are not in time sync with the uk, so for example some european countries who may do our exam a few hours after, the R versions have different questions to prevent cheating, but they are fully legitimate papers.
Reply 5
Original post by escg
it's for countries which are not in time sync with the uk, so for example some european countries who may do our exam a few hours after, the R versions have different questions to prevent cheating, but they are fully legitimate papers.

Ah, i see....I'll add those to my list now (rolls eyes in despair of all the work in front of me)
What are predictions for An Inspector Calls and Pride and Prejudice?
Reply 7
Jane, Mary and Lydia have never come up in P + P, and we do Romeo and Juliet instead of an Inspector Calls.
Which exam board are you doing? :smile: A lot of people think that the presentation of Slim will come up, or George and Lennie. I'm not sure about George and Lennie as, even though they haven't come up in any of the papers since 2011, they are major characters and a lot of people will choose that question!!
edexcel igcse :smile:
Original post by pantheress
Which exam board are you doing? :smile: A lot of people think that the presentation of Slim will come up, or George and Lennie. I'm not sure about George and Lennie as, even though they haven't come up in any of the papers since 2011, they are major characters and a lot of people will choose that question!!

edexcel igcse
Original post by englishhelpmeonw
edexcel igcse

Me too! Good luck for tomorrow :u:
Apparently romeo and juliet is seen as a difficult text, although i disagree. The other top set at my school is doing henry v and pride and prejudice, whilst our book is tkam and r and j.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending