The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
As for being forced to be a Muslim by your parents that goes against Islam and what it says it clearly states that islam shouldn't be forced upon people if u do not wish to be a Muslim i suggest you tell ur parents that instead of lying to them everyday.
forcing someone to fast is pointless
Tbh, Fasting will make it easier for you. Even though this may not sound that practical because you need energy and you will be sulking around the whole day which is not easy, metaphorically it sounds sane. Basically, prayer to Allah is the most important thing as it will actually get you somewhere. It actually brings you closer to Allah. And Allah will help you becasue you are sacrificing for him. But whilst sneaking out and not fasting, you are basically cheating yourself too not only your parents. And you also cannot hide away from Allah's sight you see? He is "all-seeing".
so basically, I don't know how this is going to help change your mind but... at least something yeah?
x.
:biggrin: :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

My fellow muslim brother/sister Ramadan is the special month to change , dont feel as if your past sins and that you werent practicing means you cant fast. Ask allah for frogiveness and start practicing and making the most of this month.
Original post by colourlessness
Tbh, Fasting will make it easier for you. Even though this may not sound that practical because you need energy and you will be sulking around the whole day which is not easy, metaphorically it sounds sane. Basically, prayer to Allah is the most important thing as it will actually get you somewhere. It actually brings you closer to Allah. And Allah will help you becasue you are sacrificing for him. But whilst sneaking out and not fasting, you are basically cheating yourself too not only your parents. And you also cannot hide away from Allah's sight you see? He is "all-seeing".
so basically, I don't know how this is going to help change your mind but... at least something yeah?
x.
:biggrin: :smile:

So how comes my sister has always fasted, been a good muslim and still failed her exams and not gotten into uni even though she prayed and prayed ? that excuse that allah will help you is poppycock, it's down to individual effort otherwise he would have helped my sister
Original post by laith k
Fasting is something practiced in several religions not just Islam for example Christianity it gives a taste of what its like for the people starving around the world and even then its not enough as we are greeted to a huge feast at the end of they day, when they arent as for brushing ur teeth that is allowed because u dont exactly swallow ur toothpaste or drink the water unless ur some retard.

christians don't fast, they give up one thing during Lent and even then loads of christians don't bother with that. It's not a requirement or pillar of the religion
Reply 286
that is a form of fasting and am i wrong in assuming the jesus fasted for forty days?
christians don't fast, they give up one thing during Lent and even then loads of christians don't bother with that. It's not a requirement or pillar of the religion

Lots of Christians fast lol, especially African Christians. They don't have a specific period designated for fasting mentioned in the Bible, but fasting is encouraged and discussed. They fast whenever, and some churches like mine have a certain period where they fast. Two years ago they did 100 days of fasting, this year just 60
I'm not fasting during the exam season but I'm making up for them afterwards
Original post by laith k
that is a form of fasting and am i wrong in assuming the jesus fasted for forty days?

not really, giving up one little thing isn't really fasting in the proper sense of the word
So how comes my sister has always fasted, been a good muslim and still failed her exams and not gotten into uni even though she prayed and prayed ? that excuse that allah will help you is poppycock, it's down to individual effort otherwise he would have helped my sister

Allah is not going to grant you success right away, mate. I am with you when you say it depends on individual effort, but praying to Allah is also a part of Faith. Believing that Allah will help you is a part of Faith. But that does not mean that you should ask Allah for help and jus sit in your deckchair, doing nothing. Obviosuly, individual effort is in fact needed. Not all religious people succeed right away after supplicating. Allah probably has some rewards for her and also has success awaiting her in the future or maybe even in paradise. She tried her best and supplicated. This world is only an exam for the hereafter. So, probably something big awaits her in paradise.
:smile: :smile:
x.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PC.police
harami haram zada

right back at ya ! :wink:
Reply 292
Allah is not going to grant you success right away, mate. I am with you when you say it depends on individual effort, but praying to Allah is also a part of Faith. Believing that Allah will help you is a part of Faith. But that does not mean that you should ask Allah for help and jus sit in your deckchair, doing nothing. Obviosuly, individual effort is in fact needed. Not all religious people succeed right away after supplicating. Allah probably has some rewards for her and also has success awaiting her in the future or maybe even in paradise. She tried her best and supplicated. This world is only an exam for the hereafter. So, probably something big awaits her in paradise.
x.

I agree praying to god isnt going to make him live ur sister life for her nor does it mean he is going to give her super knowledge over night its stupid for someone to think that they can just pray to god and think that he will make them pass there exams with putting any revision in what would be the point if whenever we wanted something we just prayed to god and it happened it would just make our life pointless with no test to determine weather or not we deserve to go to heaven. Furthermore there could be several reason for his sister failing lack of revision, bad day, relying all on god, or maybe just a test from god to test out where her faith really stands to see weather or not she would stop believing in him. Furthermore what did happen could have been for the better it might not be so apparent now but no one has seen her future or what is waiting for here all we know is that events like that really test how strong someones belief is.
x.

Original post by laith k
I agree praying to god isnt going to make him live ur sister life for her nor does it mean he is going to give her super knowledge over night its stupid for someone to think that they can just pray to god and think that he will make them pass there exams with putting any revision in what would be the point if whenever we wanted something we just prayed to god and it happened it would just make our life pointless with no test to determine weather or not we deserve to go to heaven. Furthermore there could be several reason for his sister failing lack of revision, bad day, relying all on god, or maybe just a test from god to test out where her faith really stands to see weather or not she would stop believing in him. Furthermore what did happen could have been for the better it might not be so apparent now but no one has seen her future or what is waiting for here all we know is that events like that really test how strong someones belief is.

stop making assumptions, she didn't sit back on her arse, she revised and worked extremely hard. If it's down to individual effort then allah isn't needed so praying a pointless. You can't just say Allah will help you if you pray to him and then make an excuse when there's an example of someone having their sincere prayers not answered. that's just trying to have it both ways
It sucks but I will be fasting during exams. Luckily most of my exams are in the mornings anyways so I won't be super thirsty or anything just gotta deal with that horrible morning breath :colondollar:
Reply 295
stop making assumptions, she didn't sit back on her arse, she revised and worked extremely hard. If it's down to individual effort then allah isn't needed so praying a pointless. You can't just say Allah will help you if you pray to him and then make an excuse when there's an example of someone having their sincere prayers not answered. that's just trying to have it both ways

look mate i said there could be several reasons to why she failed secondly you have to realsie praying is not so you can make wishes for yourself if that is your intention every time you pray then your prayer is all wrong thirdly all your duahs wont come true, but all of them will be answered.. there is a HUGE difference between coming true and answered.. for example.. If I pray for a million dollars.. Allah wont plop down a bag of gold on me right then and there.. BUT He will answer my prayer in the way He sees is best.. maybe you need money and are in financial trouble.. you leave Hajj, go home and are fired from your job.. You are thinking. OMG how is this the answer to my duah... Well then the next day you get a call from another employer that offers you better salary and perks that your previous employer.. This is a type of way Allah answers us.. Sometimes also the answer is NO when Allah doesnt feel we need this.. You have to be mature enough to accept the answer that Allah gives you.. but Yes He answers all, just not in the way you think you want.
Reply 296
Original post by Manexopi
It sucks but I will be fasting during exams. Luckily most of my exams are in the mornings anyways so I won't be super thirsty or anything just gotta deal with that horrible morning breath :colondollar:

http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-410-3370.htm
I have toooo many exams to be fasting
Original post by laith k
look mate i said there could be several reasons to why she failed secondly you have to realsie praying is not so you can make wishes for yourself if that is your intention every time you pray then your prayer is all wrong thirdly all your duahs wont come true, but all of them will be answered.. there is a HUGE difference between coming true and answered.. for example.. If I pray for a million dollars.. Allah wont plop down a bag of gold on me right then and there.. BUT He will answer my prayer in the way He sees is best.. maybe you need money and are in financial trouble.. you leave Hajj, go home and are fired from your job.. You are thinking. OMG how is this the answer to my duah... Well then the next day you get a call from another employer that offers you better salary and perks that your previous employer.. This is a type of way Allah answers us.. Sometimes also the answer is NO when Allah doesnt feel we need this.. You have to be mature enough to accept the answer that Allah gives you.. but Yes He answers all, just not in the way you think you want.

well I don't agree with that, it just seems like a theological scapegoat and cop-out to explain prayers and duas that don't get answered and isn't convincing at all tbh.
Reply 299
well I don't agree with that, it just seems like a theological scapegoat and cop-out to explain prayers and duas that don't get answered and isn't convincing at all tbh.

What and you find blaming everything on god a convincing reason for everything that goes wrong in your life its not like god made your sister purposely fail or make her pass it was down to her your the one trying to find excuses to avoid the undeniable truth.

Quick Reply