The Student Room Group

How can I stop stressing out over things people have said to me in the past?

I think it's called ruminesence or something.

Basically I keep getting memories of past events where people have lashed out at me including my insecuities.

I get very stressed and start walking about my house thinking of things that I wanted to happen.

All this stress is receding my hairline and giving me weight problems but I don't know how to stop it.
Original post by LimpBizkitFan
I think it's called ruminesence or something.

Basically I keep getting memories of past events where people have lashed out at me including my insecuities.

I get very stressed and start walking about my house thinking of things that I wanted to happen.

All this stress is receding my hairline and giving me weight problems but I don't know how to stop it.

This happens to me aswell just think about the future and plan a better life in your head so you can live it out, the past is the past no point on dwelling about it, it won't do any good
Original post by zXcodeXz
This happens to me aswell just think about the future and plan a better life in your head so you can live it out, the past is the past no point on dwelling about it, it won't do any good

I know not to dwell on it but it doesn't help, and I still walk about ruminescing, sometimes grabbing my mallet and swing it around.
Original post by LimpBizkitFan
I know not to dwell on it but it doesn't help, and I still walk about ruminescing, sometimes grabbing my mallet and swing it around.

I'm not sure what I would do in your situation, but try and think what could go right and your aspirations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending