The Student Room Group

AQA AS Product Design 2016 Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lozengerrrr
No I mean the earlier papers from the ones on the website hahaha

Quick search, found an extra couple here :wink: http://www.irevise.com/A-Level/AQA/Design-and-Technology-Product-Design/Exam-Board-Papers/Free
Anyone want to start a study chat on whats app to share notes? PM me your number.
Im in year 13 retaking the AS paper.
Getting nervous about this now :redface: wish it was tomorrow then it could just be got over with :colondollar:
Original post by Salamandastron
Getting nervous about this now :redface: wish it was tomorrow then it could just be got over with :colondollar:

So you are actually prepared!?

I need as much time as possible... :tongue:
Original post by Music With Rocks
So you are actually prepared!?

I need as much time as possible... :tongue:

I hope so :redface: would like to go over a couple things tomorrow then hopefully, ofc you can never be 100% prepared but i try to get as much done as possible :redface:
and well tbh same probably, i just want to get this out of the way because i have history on Wednesday and want to focus on that :colondollar:
Reply 45

Thanks for the link my teacher was adamant on not giving me earlier past papers because they follow a different format. Any predictions for section C, I really hope blow moulding comes up and it is not a metal process.
Just need 66 ums for this exam... And I still don't feel like I can get that, I know most of the materials since I did it last year. But last year I got a U. :s-smilie:
Reply 47
Original post by Fruitbasket786
Just need 66 ums for this exam... And I still don't feel like I can get that, I know most of the materials since I did it last year. But last year I got a U. :s-smilie:

I need 83 ums, I'm f'd 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any predictions for what might come up in the exam tomorrow?
I've just made a TSR account because I am remarkably screwed for tomorrow. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who has done next to no product revision and wasn't taught it in class. I have roughly 12 hours now so how do you think i should spend that time. Thanks
Original post by jesuslawd
I've just made a TSR account because I am remarkably screwed for tomorrow. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who has done next to no product revision and wasn't taught it in class. I have roughly 12 hours now so how do you think i should spend that time. Thanks

Join the crew :frown: I don't think any of us were taught any exam content...
Original post by jesuslawd

Would focus on looking at past papers to learn how marks are awarded and general layout of the paper and learning properties of some common materials (aluminium, HDPE, MDF, oak etc.) Definitions of working properties would be good to lean to such as hardness, strength etc.
Good Luck everyone :hugs:
hope everyone is feeling ok about tomorrow, also remember to bring things like coloured pencils, rubbers etc
Hope everyone has a productive day
:wavey:
Original post by lozengerrrr
I'm year 13 and retaking this exam, I thought last years paper went well but ended up scraping a C and I just went over the paper again a few days ago and I can't see what I did too wrong to just get on a C, however I got an A in CW in year 12 so I got a B overall. I'm really shitting it for this paper because of last year loooool, anyone get any predictions?

i'm in the exact same situation as you, except that i was like 3 marks away from a B! tomorrows paper is really scaring me because of what happened last year

Omg thank you!!!
Original post by CoolCavy
Good Luck everyone :hugs:
hope everyone is feeling ok about tomorrow, also remember to bring things like coloured pencils, rubbers etc
Hope everyone has a productive day
:wavey:

I thought we are not allowed to use colouring pencils in the exam and instead just label colours?
Original post by Jacobacton
i'm in the exact same situation as you, except that i was like 3 marks away from a B! tomorrows paper is really scaring me because of what happened last year

Oh you'll be fine if you got three marks away! :smile: I think i'm like 13 marks away D:
Hopefully it will be fine, we should just stay positive:smile:
Original post by Salamandastron
I hope so :redface: would like to go over a couple things tomorrow then hopefully, ofc you can never be 100% prepared but i try to get as much done as possible :redface:
and well tbh same probably, i just want to get this out of the way because i have history on Wednesday and want to focus on that :colondollar:

I also have this and history on Wednesday! I'm doing GDR, you?
Original post by 10moorej
I thought we are not allowed to use colouring pencils in the exam and instead just label colours?

Oh are we not? :lol: i always thought we were if we had time at the end but thanks for that, probably best to double check with the invigilator :yes:
Reply 59
Should I be learning properties of smart and modern materials because these don't really come up for properties questions?

Quick Reply