The Student Room Group

want to study but how

Hello My name is Kelly and I am very much interested in studying psychology at university.
Problem is Im actually living at home with my partner so theres the problem of saving to move out still, but also need to get the ball rolling with furthering my education. So costing is a big issue as i will need to work alongside uni..im aware there are some bursaries and maintenance loads u can apply for but is there a way u can see exactly how much u would be entitled to BEFORE u apply for uni...i just dont want to be in a sticky situation if i do enroll

thank you reading
Original post by kavb1990
Hello My name is Kelly and I am very much interested in studying psychology at university.
Problem is Im actually living at home with my partner so theres the problem of saving to move out still, but also need to get the ball rolling with furthering my education. So costing is a big issue as i will need to work alongside uni..im aware there are some bursaries and maintenance loads u can apply for but is there a way u can see exactly how much u would be entitled to BEFORE u apply for uni...i just dont want to be in a sticky situation if i do enroll

thank you reading

Assuming you are from england, use this calculator to find out how much you are entitled to https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator. Also for bursaries you'll have to look on individual universities websites.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Assuming you are from england, use this calculator to find out how much you are entitled to https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator. Also for bursaries you'll have to look on individual universities websites.

Hello
thanks for ur reply .. yes im from england, i have used this calculator and although was expecting large amount it wasnt what i expected. so can i apply for bursaries JUST to see how much i would be entitled too without applying to unis? as wont be going this year would be next year

thanks in advance
Hello
thanks for ur reply .. yes im from england, i have used this calculator and although was expecting large amount it wasnt what i expected. so can i apply for bursaries JUST to see how much i would be entitled too without applying to unis? as wont be going this year would be next year

thanks in advance

No, bursary information is available on universities websites so you should find out what you can get from there :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
No, bursary information is available on universities websites so you should find out what you can get from there :smile:

Yes i believe this must be what i read on university of kent..although there are like 4 i could potentially apply for its not garanteed ill get them??,,,
are you eenrolled in uni...is it only me that wants to know exactly what grants etc could be entitled to..this will determine exactly whether i could do it..
Yes i believe this must be what i read on university of kent..although there are like 4 i could potentially apply for its not garanteed ill get them??,,,
are you eenrolled in uni...is it only me that wants to know exactly what grants etc could be entitled to..this will determine exactly whether i could do it..

I believe for most low income based bursaries universities will guarantee you get them but for the grade based ones you d have to apply and see.

Yes i am (but part time now) but when i was on full time, the calculator was very accurate and i didnt get any bursaries but managed comfortably as where we live is very reasonable.
Bare in mind on top of a student loan and bursaries, you'd be able to get a student overdraft if needs must , you wont have to pay council tax anymore and may be eligible for certain benefits in very particular circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending