The Student Room Group

C2 revision

Hardest topics from C2 that you think should be revised the most? Thanks in advance for any replies!
Original post by mathsisjust
Hardest topics from C2 that you think should be revised the most? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Im doing ocr next WED and Im just doing all the past papers, nearly done them all!

For me, the last few questions are always hardest, hard manipulation of logs and the occasional sequence questions which tests concepts rather than numbers can throw me off a little

Remember your +c on integration tho!

Depends if you are doing it as a retake or first time. For retakes I would say the geometry and geometric equations. Otherwise, integration and differentiation.
Reply 3
Original post by ForestShadow
Im doing ocr next WED and Im just doing all the past papers, nearly done them all!

For me, the last few questions are always hardest, hard manipulation of logs and the occasional sequence questions which tests concepts rather than numbers can throw me off a little

Remember your +c on integration tho!

Thanks, but integration in C2 is mainly definite integration between limits so the +c isn't used as much as C1
I think the general hard topics are "trigonometry and binomial expansion. However if you practice a topic it not longer becomes hard so do past paper questions by topic

Also for edexcel C2 we dont need to remember to do +C for intergration:tongue:
Thanks, but integration in C2 is mainly definite integration between limits so the +c isn't used as much as C1

youd be surprised, after doing about 7 years worth of papers so far, I can confirm it comes up in over 50% of OCR ones roughly , its only one mark but every one counts
Reply 6
Original post by ForestShadow
youd be surprised, after doing about 7 years worth of papers so far, I can confirm it comes up in over 50% of OCR ones roughly , its only one mark but every one counts

Oh i'm taking the edexcel paper. Good luck btw. how long is it taking you to complete one paper?
Oh i'm taking the edexcel paper. Good luck btw. how long is it taking you to complete one paper?

Ah that figures then

our paper is 72mks for 1hr 30 mins

Im using around 1hr 10 so far per paper
Reply 8

You doing Edexcel?
Reply 9
Original post by IAROX15
You doing Edexcel?

yup
I need some motivation
What motivates you guys??
i would say the hardest topics are some practical differentiation questions, some of the trigonometric graph questions and some of the tricky circle questions
Reply 13
yup

I find binomial expansion a bit tricky
Hey guys, a bit off topic but are CASIO fx-991ES calculators allowed in exams for edexcel Core 2
What motivates you guys??

I had two cups of coffee today and managed to do 5 hours straight C2 and then another 3 of other subjects I do. Coffee helps me
Original post by Raizelcadres
Hey guys, a bit off topic but are CASIO fx-991ES calculators allowed in exams for edexcel Core 2

I have that calculator too and I know people who have used it in exams so yeah they are allowed

Quick Reply

Latest