The Student Room Group

english literature

what book are you reading for English literature?

Scroll to see replies

Of mice and men / an inspector calls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naomeyz_01
what book are you reading for English literature?

inspector calls and omam - any predictions
Reply 3
anyone doing Jane Eyre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Of Mice and Men and The Crucible :/

Seems like everyone does An Inspector Calls.
Has anyone done Under Milk Wood? Sometimes they put notes in the examiners report to say that literally nobody did Under Milk Wood that year, so it must be a really unpopular text...
To Kill a Mockingbird and An Inspector Calls
Anyone do Mockingbird? Hardly anyone does!!
Reply 6
Original post by chloecam29
To Kill a Mockingbird and An Inspector Calls
Anyone do Mockingbird? Hardly anyone does!!

I'm doing TKAM and AIC
Original post by rihana.c
I'm doing TKAM and AIC

How are you revising for Mockingbird? Have you any predictions on who will come up?
How come you guys are doing 2 books? I'm only doing 1 book - Journey's End. (CIE Literature)
Reply 9
Any predictions for OCR, OMAM, AVFTB and LOTF?
How are you revising for Mockingbird? Have you any predictions on who will come up?

im doing to kill a mockingbird, im going over themes and characters, ive been given a load of quotes too by my teacher
why am i doing three books?!
Of Mice and Men, An Inspector Calls, Macbeth and Pride and Prejudice :colonhash:
Original post by Perfection Ace
How come you guys are doing 2 books? I'm only doing 1 book - Journey's End. (CIE Literature)

Really? I guess the boards assess similar literature but in different ways. I do iGCSE Edexcel and we're doing two written works (Of Mice and Men, Romeo and Juliet).
I'm only doing OMAM. Everyone seems to be doing 2 books? I'm doing AQA literature and answering the questions on sunlight on the grass, and of mice and men
Spies - Michael Frayn (honeslty no one else I've seen on this website so far is doing Spies)
An Inspector Calls
All my sons
Songs of ourselves - Volume 2 - Part 1
Reply 16

For TKAM I'm doing character quotes for people who's likely to come up (cal, Mrs Dubose, DIll) cos I haven't got time for anyone else and relating themes for each of them and trying to write paragraphs with PEE.

For AIC, most likely to come up is Sheila, Gerald and Inspector but mostly sheila so I'm doing character analysis for each of them and writing paragraphs.

To be honest, I've done hardly any revision for this and i'm pretty sure im gonna fail argh

What about you, what have you done???
For TKAM I'm doing character quotes for people who's likely to come up (cal, Mrs Dubose, DIll) cos I haven't got time for anyone else and relating themes for each of them and trying to write paragraphs with PEE.

For AIC, most likely to come up is Sheila, Gerald and Inspector but mostly sheila so I'm doing character analysis for each of them and writing paragraphs.

To be honest, I've done hardly any revision for this and i'm pretty sure im gonna fail argh

What about you, what have you done???

I'm honestly stressing so much!! I'm revising Aunt Alex, Atticus, The Radleys and The Ewells more since on my exam board Cal came up last year. I'm on ccea btw! I'm making character profiles with the most important bits of info with some quotes.

I haven't looked at AIC much as it's on Friday I still have some time! Are you doing poetry as well?
Reply 18
I'm honestly stressing so much!! I'm revising Aunt Alex, Atticus, The Radleys and The Ewells more since on my exam board Cal came up last year. I'm on ccea btw! I'm making character profiles with the most important bits of info with some quotes.

I haven't looked at AIC much as it's on Friday I still have some time! Are you doing poetry as well?

Oh, I'm doing AQA sorry. I have both TKAM and AIC tomorrow arghgh. I am doing conflict poetry with the AQA exam board on friday and I've done literal no revision for that wooo
Oh, I'm doing AQA sorry. I have both TKAM and AIC tomorrow arghgh. I am doing conflict poetry with the AQA exam board on friday and I've done literal no revision for that wooo

Aw what that's so grim!! Good luck for it! Is yours open book?
I'm doing war and nature poetry with AIC on friday as well as an unseen poem! Dreading it:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending