The Student Room Group

help pls-confusion

Will my as grades affect my a level grades? So say I if I got BBCU or BCCU at as but miraculously at A level I get AAB or something..how does the new a level reform work? My college failed in explaining this to us
Reply 1
Original post by shahdukhh
Will my as grades affect my a level grades? So say I if I got BBCU or BCCU at as but miraculously at A level I get AAB or something..how does the new a level reform work? My college failed in explaining this to us

AS grades don't affect A-levels in the new linear subjects. But they still do for the non-reformed subjects such as Maths and Geography.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/get-the-facts-gcse-and-a-level-reform/get-the-facts-as-and-a-level-reform
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
AS grades don't affect A-levels in the new linear subjects. But they still do for the non-reformed subjects such as Maths and Geography.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/get-the-facts-gcse-and-a-level-reform/get-the-facts-as-and-a-level-reform

im doing three a levels and a gcse retake as of now, its likely that I'll only pass the gcse and two of my as levels and one fail, whats my options? two as levels and a gcse? do I do a gap year and take two new as's? (this includes retaking the one I failed and and the new one I pick up)
Reply 3
im doing three a levels and a gcse retake as of now, its likely that I'll only pass the gcse and two of my as levels and one fail, whats my options? two as levels and a gcse? do I do a gap year and take two new as's? (this includes retaking the one I failed and and the new one I pick up)

Which AS subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
Which AS subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do history, English lit and philosophy, although I think i'll pass history and English lit and will have failed philosophy
Reply 5
I do history, English lit and philosophy, although I think i'll pass history and English lit and will have failed philosophy

Did you look at the link I gave earlier?

So your history and eng lit AS performance doesn't directly affect your a-level because the AS is decoupled from the A-level.

But philosophy does because it's still a modular AS/A2. It isn't reformed until next year.

You really need to discuss this with your teachers.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest