The Student Room Group

ISIL is Exterminating my People!

This is very sad! :no:
[video="youtube;JHQCPF9Bz44"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQCPF9Bz44[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Very sad to see this
Reply 2
Original post by M14B
Very sad to see this

It is. I can't believe people would do this.
They should be careful, the Labour Party will probably call them racist and islamophobic.
Reply 4
Original post by Mona-S
It is. I can't believe people would do this.

In my view, ISIS and wicked beasts like this are not people, have lost all humanity. I am always in shock that atrocities like this cannot be stopped, it never ends. I am not religious, but it does give me reason question my view regarding the existence of good and evil.
Reply 5
Original post by animus1
In my view, ISIS and wicked beasts like this are not people, have lost all humanity. I am always in shock that atrocities like this cannot be stopped, it never ends. I am not religious, but it does give me reason question my view regarding the existence of good and evil.

I know, I don't even know what to think of this. I can't even believe it tbh, I don't understand how someone can do this.
Reply 6
Original post by Mona-S
I know, I don't even know what to think of this. I can't even believe it tbh, I don't understand how someone can do this.

I am honestly close to completely giving up on humanity. From what I have witnessed in my short lifetime, I just see things getting worse, not better.
Original post by animus1
I am honestly close to completely giving up on humanity. From what I have witnessed in my short lifetime, I just see things getting worse, not better.

I know the UN aren't even bothered to have an emergency mission to go save the people that are been targeted by Daesh and all the world leaders are all bothered about is showing off their 'weapons' to the world by 'eradicating' IS. World leaders are more interested in trying out their toys that have been locked up than saving humanity- I have no words to be honest.
Reply 8
Original post by Defraction
I know the UN aren't even bothered to have an emergency mission to go save the people that are been targeted by Daesh and all the world leaders are all bothered about is showing off their 'weapons' to the world by 'eradicating' IS. World leaders are more interested in trying out their toys that have been locked up than saving humanity- I have no words to be honest.

The UN are such a disappointment, I don't even know why they exist. What is their purpose, because I haven't seen them do anything.
Original post by Mona-S
The UN are such a disappointment, I don't even know why they exist. What is their purpose, because I haven't seen them do anything.

I like the whole concept but they need to do more- I admit they are WAY better than in the post-WW2 era but they are still bad.
Diversity is exterminating my people.
Reply 11
Original post by Defraction

They certainly ignored the Dafur genocide - along with the rest of the world.
Reply 12
It is worthless of the Yazidi MP. The Muslims in Iraq are hardly waiting that non-believers diapear.
Reply 13
Original post by Mathemagicien
Things like this happened all the time in history.

Things get reported more as technology improves. As communications improve in developing (highly religious) countries, we are seeing more and more the 'raw' side of humanity. Also, most developing countries are experiencing a population explosion (African countries, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia) or the tail end of one (most Middle Eastern countries), so they have a lot more stuff going in general on than they used to, and a lot more temporary social unrest.

That does not mean things are not improving. It just means that we are increasingly realising that most of the world does not adhere to our beliefs and culture.

Look at how Europe moved from huge plagues wiping out large portions of the population (just a few hundred years ago!) to sending things into space, exploring the very fabric of existence. Europe used to be constantly invaded; by Attila the Hun, Ghengis Khan, Islamic incursions; constantly harassed and enslaved in the Arabic slave trade; we used to burn witches; we used to have a feudal system of peasants oppressed by the rich and the church. Now look at us. Tell me we haven't improved.

Very good points, and you certainly are right that there is so much that cannot be hidden from the world. The word discouraging though, doesn't even begin to describe how helpless we are to stop these things from occurring.
Reply 14
Original post by Mathemagicien
We aren't helpless. We are unwilling.

There is a lot of truth to that, and no doubt we have to intervene and stop ISIS, etc. The ugly truth there is no easy way to do it cleanly and effectively, the endless cycle, but we have to.
What a shame western governments for the sake of one-upping Iran, decided to help destabalize syria, and also invade Iraq back in 2002.

You can talk about the venom and evil of these wicked barbaric terrorists of ISIS, Al Nusra, ahrar asham, jaysh al islam,

but we - meaning our governments- sowed the seeds for this.

The video breaks the heart.
Original post by Tawheed

but we - meaning our governments- sowed the seeds for this.

No.
The Iraq - Saudi (note Sunni-Shia) issue has been around for a while and both side have take us for fools.

I've just found this and its a good read for a introduction to the issue

'An ancient religious divide is helping fuel a resurgence of conflicts in the Middle East and Muslim countries. Struggles between Sunni and Shia forces have fed a Syrian civil war that threatens to transform the map of the Middle East, spurred violence that is fracturing Iraq, and widened fissures in a number of tense Gulf countries. Growing sectarian clashes have also sparked a revival of transnational jihadi networks that poses a threat beyond the region.'http://www.cfr.org/peace-conflict-and-human-rights/sunni-shia-divide/p33176#!/p33176
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
x.

Saudi? The ones we sold billions in arms to?

The ones we helped get to the Chair of the human rights council ?
Original post by Tawheed
Saudi? The ones we sold billions in arms to?

The ones we helped get to the Chair of the human rights council ?

Yes and Iran has had it's supporters

as I said both sides have been taking people for fools for a long time now but to blame this on 'us' is simply wrong.

Sectarian violence in these areas is the norm as any reading of middle eastern history will tell you.

But your remarks in no way negates what I have said.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Damn it's hard to listen to when you actually understand it. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending