The Student Room Group

Will it matter if I'm Chinese?

Well, I'm 19 years old, chinese - average looking. For some reason I started to fancy a British white girl. We went to school together but only met her at the end of Y13. We didn't really see each other often nor did we have a proper conversation. We're both taking our gap years at the moment. I don't have the confidence/courage to ask her out as it seems a bit odd - we are not that close. Am I just over thinking it? Should I just forget about her and move on? What are the alternative options I should do? Because I'm going to uni in september I feel I may regret for doing nothing... please help.. :frown:( Also I heard that white girls don't usually date Chinese guys so this just makes it worse...

Scroll to see replies

Your race is irrelevant, the only thing that might be seen as a problem is that you've barely spoken to her properly so it may seem to her to be slightly wacky if you come outta nowhere like a Randy Orton RKO.
Do her maths homework :sexface:
Go for it man! Girls find confidence attractive sometimes:wink: I am Chinese as well and I can tell you your race is not a factor to this topic, based on my experience. If you ask her out, you still have a chance. Not much time left!
Yeah us asian's have it hard :frown: We never get white girls (generally)
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Yeah us asian's have it hard :frown: We never get white girls (generally)

you need the guts
Original post by Anonymous
Well, I'm 19 years old, chinese - average looking. For some reason I started to fancy a British white girl. We went to school together but only met her at the end of Y13. We didn't really see each other often nor did we have a proper conversation. We're both taking our gap years at the moment. I don't have the confidence/courage to ask her out as it seems a bit odd - we are not that close. Am I just over thinking it? Should I just forget about her and move on? What are the alternative options I should do? Because I'm going to uni in september I feel I may regret for doing nothing... please help.. :frown:( Also I heard that white girls don't usually date Chinese guys so this just makes it worse...

No
Just go for it
I could probably wager this is that tsr user who moans about white girls not dating him.
I think not. :biggrin:
Original post by L'Evil Wolf

That is quite stereotyped in thinking. As if every Chinese is good at mathematics. :wink:

To the anonymous thread starter: speak to her, do it! go for it! being shy is not very helpful. Who cares whether it seems to be odd that an Asian guy is talking to a white girl? that is not strange people's concern.
Original post by Anonymous

That thing about white girls not dating Chinese guys is a load of rubbish to be honest... If I met a Chinese guy who I liked, race doesn't matter to me at all. Yes, there may be the occasional girl who could be racist but I'm sure most people will not be at all. I would say get to know her a bit more and stuff before asking her out, but if you like her go for it!! If you're going to uni and it doesn't work out with her there will be plenty of girls for you to meet at uni and if it doesn't work out with her you probably would never have to see her again so it wouldn't be embarassing!! I wish you all the luck in the world. Which uni are you going to? :smile:
Reply 11
Well she will never say yes if you don't ask!
Original post by L'Evil Wolf

LOL brilliant
Don't be silly. Go for it, just don't have a nerdy swag.

Can't be Chinese and a nerd, nerd as in the way you dress. Some girls won't mind it though.
Original post by eg1472
That thing about white girls not dating Chinese guys is a load of rubbish to be honest... If I met a Chinese guy who I liked, race doesn't matter to me at all. Yes, there may be the occasional girl who could be racist but I'm sure most people will not be at all. I would say get to know her a bit more and stuff before asking her out, but if you like her go for it!! If you're going to uni and it doesn't work out with her there will be plenty of girls for you to meet at uni and if it doesn't work out with her you probably would never have to see her again so it wouldn't be embarassing!! I wish you all the luck in the world. Which uni are you going to? :smile:

Same I think Chinese guys are under rated. I think they're so cute, but they need to be swaggy. They really have to play up their looks amazing hair, amazing clothes. Sorry, idk what I'm saying what I'm trying to say is they need to make themselves stand out more a lot of the time they are so quiet that their personality isn't enough for them to say hello I'm here.
Reply 15
I think the way society views Chinese or most Oriental guys for that matter is that they date within their own race and not to mention, are more shy when it comes to dating, in comparison to other races. Hence why AMWF couples are fairly uncommon, but they are out there.

Having said that, it can work if you believe it can work. Having doubts about yourself/your abilities or lack of confidence is an unattractive trait and regardless of whether you are Chinese, is less likely to get you a girl.

Improve your appearance, wear clothes, go to the gym or anything that makes you feel better about yourself.
Reply 16
yeah it matters. you have no chance. go back to africa and pick up some mongolian girs
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nayzar
yeah it matters. you have no change. go back to africa and pick up some mongolian girs

do you know what a map is?
Reply 18
Original post by dididid
do you know what a map is?

Ive heard of it. its the one with the blue and green blobs isnt it
I've tried mate. Doesnt work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending