The Student Room Group

I've ran out of past papers to do 0_0

Hi, I've got my Biology Unit 1 and Chemistry Unit 1 retakes next week and I've stumbled into a huge problem: I've ran out of past papers to do. I've done every past paper multiple times now and it's gotten to the point where I am literally reciting the mark schemes. In the real exam, I'm now going to most likely rely entirely on my memory of the mark schemes and be prone to getting the question wrong due to it being in a weird context; I was getting As in the past papers last year (High Bs if marked harshly) and got a U in the real thing (In the Biology paper) due to my reliance on the mark schemes :/ What can I do? What did you guys do when you ran out of past papers?
You come on the TSR forum and ask people to ask you questions.
Reply 2
Write some sort of essay on topics
Reply 3
In a way is that not a good thing BC you know what kind of answer will get you the marks?
Not much you can do.. but just keep going over the content and make sure you know it properly so that you're able to apply your knowledge in any context
Reply 4
You could ask your teacher for worksheets, or do questions from other exam boards.
2nd option could give you some unrelated questions but most of it will probably be related to your course so just filter through them
Original post by Ash8991
Hi, I've got my Biology Unit 1 and Chemistry Unit 1 retakes next week and I've stumbled into a huge problem: I've ran out of past papers to do. I've done every past paper multiple times now and it's gotten to the point where I am literally reciting the mark schemes. In the real exam, I'm now going to most likely rely entirely on my memory of the mark schemes and be prone to getting the question wrong due to it being in a weird context; I was getting As in the past papers last year (High Bs if marked harshly) and got a U in the real thing (In the Biology paper) due to my reliance on the mark schemes :/ What can I do? What did you guys do when you ran out of past papers?

Are you on Edexcel?
Reply 6
Original post by Axel Johann
Are you on Edexcel?

Nah mate, I'm with AQA for the Unit 1 Biology exam and OCR for the Unit 1 Chemistry exam.
Original post by Ash8991
Nah mate, I'm with AQA for the Unit 1 Biology exam and OCR for the Unit 1 Chemistry exam.

Ah I see, sorry but I can't help you then :frown:
Original post by Ash8991

I would suggest to learning the core knowledge inside out. Try to understand e everything, and it will help you apply your knowledge :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ash8991

Study from a book and not the markscheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Find a revision guide and do the questions in the back. They're usually not taken from any past papers.
Reply 12
Original post by Ash8991

I basically did past papers for each topic, so I'd revise a topic and do all past papers related to that topic.
Here is a website for it...
http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/packs5.html
Original post by Ash8991

lol and here i am trying to learn all the content for my as physics exam 2 days before the exam
Reply 14
Original post by Mona-S
I basically did past papers for each topic, so I'd revise a topic and do all past papers related to that topic.
Here is a website for it...
http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/packs5.html

Thanks for the link!
Original post by dididid
lol and here i am trying to learn all the content for my as physics exam 2 days before the exam

I feel sorry for you.
Have you done the 'old' past papers too (early 2000s)? If not I'd do those, also past papers from other exam boards too (content is similar), maybe get some revision guides, do those etc.

Quick Reply

Latest