The Student Room Group

The Official OCR English Literature H072/H472 Predictions and Discussion Thread (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natashja
Thank you !! ahha yeah I keep spelling her name wrong

No problem. Oh god that isn't good, you need to get her name right in the exam lol.
Hey guys,
Any predictions for Gatsby and Streetcar??
I have an exam on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday then English on Thursday so literally not touching English books until the day before
Original post by TaraMott
I have an exam on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday then English on Thursday so literally not touching English books until the day before

I have an exam on Monday so I will spend time revising for Lit on Tuesday and Wednesday but I have two exams on Thursday so that will be fun! I recommend Lit Charts and Shmoop for analysis of chapters and characters if you cannot read the texts in time.
Original post by Rhythmical
I have an exam on Monday so I will spend time revising for Lit on Tuesday and Wednesday but I have two exams on Thursday so that will be fun! I recommend Lit Charts and Shmoop for analysis of chapters and characters if you cannot read the texts in time.

Same I have english and biology on the Thursday :frown:

I have Maths resit. What do you have on Monday?

OCR bio?
I have Maths resit. What do you have on Monday?

Monday I have psychology !
Original post by OddFuturez
OCR bio?

Nope AQA
Monday I have psychology !

Ooh I have English Language.
Ooh I have English Language.

Is language harder than lit?
Original post by OddFuturez
Is language harder than lit?

Requires less revision for one paper but it is very technical and can be harder as you have to search for words and analyse their meanings and representations. I find it difficult to structure a Language essay.
Reply 132
Original post by lauren_mh
I had exactly the same texts, loved Hamlet and we had done the same question for Paradise lost in class and I still didn't have a clue lols

omg i did the paradise lost question in class too and still found it awful hhaha all i talked about was irony of being turned into snakes and how it was inevitable cuz the chain of being was disrupted (forgot to mention calvinism lol)
History Boys predictions? I'm tempted to think that Irwin is a given as Hector was on the specimen, but could they throw in a curveball with Dakin??? Who knows!
Original post by bethysav
History Boys predictions? I'm tempted to think that Irwin is a given as Hector was on the specimen, but could they throw in a curveball with Dakin??? Who knows!

Irwin and the Headmaster could be a possibility, given their Utilitarian approach to education.
I kind of hope it's on how women are presented or something for the history boys. There's quite a few quotes for that with Mrs Lintott and the way Dakin and the headmaster talk about the secretary
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by holyromanemperor
I kind of hope it's on how women are presented or something for the history boys. There's quite a few quotes for that with Mrs Lintott and the way Dakin and the headmaster talk about the secretary

I could probably cope with women, since Mrs Lintott is just so cutting and sarcastic! But I really hope it's not the Headmaster, the only thing that I can remeber about his character is "pourquoi est-ce que cette garçon sans ses... trousers?"... Shows how much attention I was paying!

But seriously though, I love the text, it's just a shame they had such good questions on the specimen paper and we're probably going to be stuck with an obscure character (heaven forbid Scripps or even Rudge- they wouldn't do that... Would they?)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bethysav
I could probably cope with women, since Mrs Lintott is just so cutting and sarcastic! But I really hope it's not the Headmaster, the only thing that I can remeber about his character is "pourquoi est-ce que cette garçon sans ses... trousers?"... Shows how much attention I was paying!

But seriously though, I love the text, it's just a shame they had such good questions on the specimen paper and we're probably going to be stuck with an obscure character (heaven forbid Scripps or even Rudge- they wouldn't do that... Would they?)

Yes I dread to think what minor character they'll go with seeing as they chose Gertrude for the character question in Hamlet on the last paper! It was value and purpose of education or something on the specimen which would've been good :frown: I think they should only really have questions on Posner, Dakin, Hector (which they probably won't),Irwin or Mrs Lintott to be honest! How much can you really say about Scripps and Rudge?!
Original post by holyromanemperor
Yes I dread to think what minor character they'll go with seeing as they chose Gertrude for the character question in Hamlet on the last paper! It was value and purpose of education or something on the specimen which would've been good :frown: I think they should only really have questions on Posner, Dakin, Hector (which they probably won't),Irwin or Mrs Lintott to be honest! How much can you really say about Scripps and Rudge?!

They won't have one separate for Rudge and Scripps, it will likely be a question about two characters in that instance.
does anyone have any streetcar / gatsby quote banks that they could send me? i'd be immensely appreciative x x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending