The Student Room Group

Describe your accent?

I have a soft and formal common London accent, no twangs or weird pronunciations
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have no accent
Mostly it's just the Leeds accent but not massively strong, I also despise it so I don't really want it to be that thick
Sometimes it'll be much posher than that though and sound kind of southern (I don't know what area lol) which I also despise as it makes me sound awful
Basically I hate my voice lmao
Glaswegian
Like a normal London accent...

But I pronounce iron as eye-ron, apparently everyone says eye-on? I don't know../
The standard RP accent which can sometimes sound posh, however I have elements of the Australian and Yorkshire accent mixed in. Its very bizarre.
just british

Spoiler

Reply 7
A very broad Glaswegian/Ayrshire accent with a lot of slang :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone tells me I have a posh British accent. I don't sound Essex at all, which is excellent.
Reply 9
a kind of goofy posh
everyone and then it just gets really Spanish, then I tone it down
it kills me
Reply 10
I am from Cardiff so I have a slight Southern Welsh accent mixed with standard RP. It sounds very unusual and unique but I have been told it is very soothing to listen to.
Original post by Spock's Socks
A very broad Glaswegian/Ayrshire accent with a lot of slang :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye der laddie can yew pass me the spork so I can lift me waffle of the damn plate now?
I don't think I have an accent, I live in London though and I don't think people who live in London have particularly noticeable accents.
Original post by niv1234
I don't think I have an accent, I live in London though and I don't think people who live in London have particularly noticeable accents.

Indeed we do, as us Londoners have a range of accents
Reply 14
American. kinda valley girl lol
Original post by Blue_Mason
Indeed we do, as us Londoners have a range of accents

Really? I thought I just sounded normal but I have seen people on the bus, who go to different schools, talking really loudly in strange accents.
Although I am scouse I get told that I speak posh at times. I guess I dip in and out ahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Typical East London accent I'd say, maybe a hint of Irish.
Original post by niv1234
Really? I thought I just sounded normal but I have seen people on the bus, who go to different schools, talking really loudly in strange accents.

Exactly, we have strong accents, well not as strong as other accents in the country, but it is quite distinctive.
Original post by gameofno
American. kinda valley girl lol

whats that?

google says
Valley girl is a socio-economic stereotype depicting a class of women characterized by the colloquial California English dialect Valleyspeak and vapid materialism.

and then urban dict says
a girl who spends 99.9% of her waking hours at the mall, and says..."totally", "whatever" and "oh my gosh/god)" wayyy too much

:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest