The Student Room Group

re tips? GCSE

I can't seem to get more than a B/C in re:frown:, and I really want an A because I am capable of it. But, I don't know how to improve, especially in my 6 markers because I always get around 3. Could someone give me tips so that I can even touch the A grade? Like, how you did your final revision as my exam is tomorrow on Christianity ethics. Thanks!:smile:
Reply 1
Include LOADS of Religious teachings. You can't get higher than 3 marks on a 6-marker without them. That seems to be your problem.
Original post by Anonymous
I can't seem to get more than a B/C in re:frown:, and I really want an A because I am capable of it. But, I don't know how to improve, especially in my 6 markers because I always get around 3. Could someone give me tips so that I can even touch the A grade? Like, how you did your final revision as my exam is tomorrow on Christianity ethics. Thanks!:smile:

Learn a tonne of generic and useful bible quotes that u can use for more than 1 topic and for the six markers try doing 1 paragraph on reasons to agree (give 3 reasons) and do another on reasons to disagree (give around 3 reasons). You can do a conclusion if u like but i dont think its that important
Reply 3

Biblical Teachings, SHUV them in the examiners face also, don't make stuff up they'll most likely ignore it and award no marks.

So here's an example:
"Abortion is wrong"

Catholic Christians believe that all life is God's creation and God has a plan for every individual even before they were born. "The body is the temple of the holy spirit". This suggests that all human life is scared and it should not be taken in any circumstance as this brakes the 6th commandment, "You shall not murder" this is a mortal sin.

Repeat this but with a different Denomination i.e. The Church Of England.

Hope this helped and Good luck :smile:.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you the tips so far, they're actually super helpful *showers you all in gratitude*
(edited 7 years ago)
General marks:

1 mark: 1 point
2 mark: 2 points no explanation
3 mark: 1 explained point (ensure you have a key word or Biblical quote)
6 mark: 3 explained points (try to do Anglican / Christian, Liberal and Catholic) include a biblical quote in each paragraph
12 mark: 6 explained points (3 for, 3 against including personal viewpoint) Include a biblical quote / key term in each paragraph (except p.v.) and explain it

Always remember generic Bible quotes (do most loving thing)
Mark: "Love thy neighbour"
John: "God is love"

And "Thou shall not kill" Exodus

N.B:
Fundamentalist Christians: Bible is literally true; exact word of God
Catholic Christians: Very strict
Anglican Christians: Average
Liberal Christians/Quakers: Very Liberal (Not strict)

If you're stuck always think of an atheist point and see how christian ideas could link to it and don't stress too much I'm sure you'll do fine xx :smile: good luck xx

Always refer to Roman Catholic Christianity when it tells you to and develop you points use teachings of Jesus God and the views of the churches

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending