The Student Room Group

Possible AQA Literature Questions?

I was wondering if anyone had a list or some suggestions for themes/practice questions that might come up in either of the AQA English Literature papers. I want to do some practice essays but i don't really see the point in past papers for English Lit as these will likely not come up. The texts I'm doing are An Inspector calls and Of Mice and Men, and the cluster I am doing in Conflict.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by cbuch1800
I was wondering if anyone had a list or some suggestions for themes/practice questions that might come up in either of the AQA English Literature papers. I want to do some practice essays but I don't really see the point in past papers for English Lit as these will likely not come up. The texts I'm doing are An Inspector calls and Of Mice and Men, and the cluster I am doing in Conflict.

Many people think that as it's the last exam with those specifications part b on 'of mice and men' will be on settings and part a, on 'Curley' as it has not come up in a while. For 'an inspector call's' it may be 'sheila' or the 'Inspector'. For conflict I have no idea.
My teachers seem to think for AIC it will be either Eric or Gerald
Original post by elliemayanne
My teachers seem to think for AIC it will be either Eric or Gerald

But I am just as curious for Conflict
Reply 4
Original post by macohe
Many people think that as it's the last exam with those specifications part b on 'of mice and men' will be on settings and part a, on 'Curley' as it has not come up in a while. For 'an inspector call's' it may be 'sheila' or the 'Inspector'. For conflict I have no idea.

Ok thanks that's really helpful :smile:
Gerald hasn't come up
Sheila hasn't since 2012

Curley hasn't come up
Curley's wife's death hasn't either
Is anyone willing to right a model paragraph for me please on any of the AIC past paper questions?

If that question was given to you in the exam, what would you write - i only want 1 paragraph unless you are willing to write the entire essay!

pleasee :frown:
Reply 7
Curley hasn't in aqa
Reply 8
My teacher said for OMAM: it's either Curley, Candy, George or Lennie (as separate characters)
for AIC it's either Gerald, Sheila. The Inspector or Eric for Character
Reply 9
The oldest was 2011 and that was candy
Reply 10
Curley has never come up before, I think it might be him - or possibly dreams?
An Inspector Calls: Sybil Birling or Gerald- Arthur Birling (last time he came up: 2015), Eva (2014) Eric (2013), The Inspector (2012), Sheila (2011)

My teacher has a feeling about a theme question on moral responsibility?
Reply 12
Thank you all! This has been realy helpful!
Original post by Chittesh14
Is anyone willing to right a model paragraph for me please on any of the AIC past paper questions?

If that question was given to you in the exam, what would you write - i only want 1 paragraph unless you are willing to write the entire essay!

Any question in particular?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RosieB1717
Gerald hasn't come up
Sheila hasn't since 2012

Curley hasn't come up
Curley's wife's death hasn't either

I did my English Lit last year and our extract was just before Curley's wife was about to die. I would focus on revising the text after and before maim events too because they did that to us.

Which question? It will be good practice for me
Original post by GCSEstudentt
Which question? It will be good practice for me

June 2015, Q17: Arthur Birling describes himself as ‘a hard-headed, practical man of business’. How does Priestley present this and other views of Arthur Birling in An Inspector Calls?

Original post by elliemayanne
Any question in particular?

June 2014, Q17: How does Priestley present ideas about gender in An Inspector Calls?

Tbh, no questions in particular - just once I understand how to write it in a paragraph, it should be fine :P.

You both can switch each others questions I don't mind tbh - you can answer whichever one you like :smile:.

June 2015, Q17: Arthur Birling describes himself as ‘a hard-headed, practical man of business’. How does Priestley present this and other views of Arthur Birling in An Inspector Calls?

June 2014, Q17: How does Priestley present ideas about gender in An Inspector Calls?

Tbh, no questions in particular - just once I understand how to write it in a paragraph, it should be fine :P.

You both can switch each others questions I don't mind tbh - you can answer whichever one you like :smile:.

Hi, If you don't mind i'm going to do the June 2011 one as its unlikely anything from the past 2 years will come up again and it will be good practice for me as i've already done the past 2 years exams

How does Priestley present the change in Sheila during the course of the playAn Inspector Calls? How do you think this change reflects some of Priestley’s ideas?

Once i've done it I'll PM you :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Yeah sure I'll help
Original post by katodizzle
Yeah sure I'll help

Thanks, can you just pick out a question from 'An Inspector Calls' past paper and just answer it for me please - only 1 paragraph or more if you wish :P.

I've just read the play, I know so lazy with no preperation and exam is tomorrow! I understand some parts and getting to know the themes, I'm just unsure how to write it in a paragraph now tbh lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending