The Student Room Group

Uni - what if i FAIL!?

So I'm currently doing AS Spanish, maths, art and textiles. Targeted As in both art and textiles, and a C in both maths and Spanish. If I can pass maths I know I want to drop Spanish, but after doing the core 1 exam I feel like I haven't done so great, so hopefully I can pull my grades up on core 2 or S1, but I struggle a bit with core 2. So I'm scared I wont get kept on at my sixth form because Spanish is also hard but I don't want to do that at A2, and you have to atleast pass three subjects. I finally know what course I want to do, but like I said I wanna continue with maths next year. Do you reckon I could do textiles and art as an Alevel and maths as a AS, so I can resit. Would I still be able to get into in uni this way? or do I have two have 3 Alevels. Because i'll have my progression module, 2 AS levels and two As (hopefully) at ALevel.
Original post by tfsjgx
So I'm currently doing AS Spanish, maths, art and textiles. Targeted As in both art and textiles, and a C in both maths and Spanish. If I can pass maths I know I want to drop Spanish, but after doing the core 1 exam I feel like I haven't done so great, so hopefully I can pull my grades up on core 2 or S1, but I struggle a bit with core 2. So I'm scared I wont get kept on at my sixth form because Spanish is also hard but I don't want to do that at A2, and you have to atleast pass three subjects. I finally know what course I want to do, but like I said I wanna continue with maths next year. Do you reckon I could do textiles and art as an Alevel and maths as a AS, so I can resit. Would I still be able to get into in uni this way? or do I have two have 3 Alevels. Because i'll have my progression module, 2 AS levels and two As (hopefully) at ALevel.

It depends what you want to study and where, some unis would accept 2 alevels and 2 as but you'll be in a much better position with 3 a levels.

Quick Reply

Latest