The Student Room Group

May 26th GCSE Edexcel 1MA0 Exam 9AM Thursday

Scroll to see replies

I am aiming 100% hopefully it is possible
I've done a lot of past papers and revision over the past few months and I'm feeling prepared tbh. I just need to go over the A/A* topics. (doing higher).
Original post by junayd1998
Umm dont think it will be to taxing but you never know this is the last year of this spec so they might go out with a bang!

That's exactly how I feel as this is the last year they may use a really messed up question. Tbh I did the Hannah's sweets, it wasn't too bad. I feel edexcel may put in a really hard question! I am so stressed
Original post by LNDNWASPS
I am aiming 100% hopefully it is possible

I am trying to as well!
Reply 44
Who has tips for an A*?
Original post by Rajive
Who has tips for an A*?

Just look at videos on topics you are bad on and make sure you dont fall prey to the eaiser marks
dreading it
Original post by travis123
dreading it

Im gonna end a couple careers, I want to do it tomorrow, cba with all this waiting around.
Any predictions?
Original post by jamierogers21
I'm feeling really good about this exam. Been through every question on all the past papers. How do you think it will compare to last year?

what tier are you doing?
can anyone help with formulas and definitions we need to know
does anyone know if onmaths predictions are reliable
Original post by jamierogers21
I went through and watched all of his videos at Christmas. They were so helpful

done all of the hegarty maths 'secure a c or b' are their any other maths resources which are useful?
Reply 53
done all of the hegarty maths 'secure a c or b' are their any other maths resources which are useful?

Achieve maths on youtube covers A/A* topics and goes though past papers. Maths Genie website has loads of practice questions and past papers with solutions and they have predicted papers.
How do people revise? Because I've just been doing past papers in class (cause we're forced lol) but I can't seem to revise at home but that's probably because I don't know what to revise. It's probably too late now though cause the exams tomorrow

examsolutions.net is useful for going over any topics you're unsure on.
I am literally so nervous ahhh
i'm going to cry HOW WILL I SLEEP i need 10 energy drinks and past papers :colonhash:
Original post by I'm_infires
How do people revise? Because I've just been doing past papers in class (cause we're forced lol) but I can't seem to revise at home but that's probably because I don't know what to revise. It's probably too late now though cause the exams tomorrow

Past papers are a good way of revising as it helps you get an idea of what type of questions that will be on the real paper. Unfortunately, with the exam being tomorrow morning that means you only have now til then to revise (which isn't a lot) but I advise you do the following:
- Watch YouTube videos of any topics you're not particularly confident in
- Use a revision guide or textbook (if you have one) they usually have practice questions with answers at the back of the book like the example below
- Write out formulae which will not be on the formulae sheet:
Volume of cuboid = length x width x height
Volume of cylinder = Pi x radius² x height
Volume of pyramid = 1/3 x area of base x vertical height
and so on...
- Answer past-exam questions or exam style questions. I personally like to use corbett maths as it has the answers with the questions on the website (https://corbettmaths.com/revision/practice-questions/) and mathsmadeeasy (http://www.mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/gcsemathsrevisiontopics-AB-grade.htm) and mathsgenie (http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/grade2.html). Mathsgenie and Corbettmaths have the answers, however I don't think mathsmadeeasy have answers.
- Use flashcards (Quizlet and getrevising are good for these!) and ask a friend or family member to help you revise these

Good luck and try not to stress, remember to think positive and just revise as much as you can :smile:
Original post by _floralnavy
i'm going to cry HOW WILL I SLEEP i need 10 energy drinks and past papers :colonhash:

I feel you 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending