The Student Room Group

English lit group

There's soo many threads here one English literature AQA tomorrow and there are some helpful stuff e.g. predictions but it's hard to keep up with all of them

Can someone make like a skype group chat or something so we can help each other by contributing ideas. There's one for maths as well so I think I might check that out?
I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF SOME INTERPRETATIONS FOR CERTAIN OMAM CHARACTERS omg
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you do AQA?
Reply 2
Original post by niv1234
Do you do AQA?

Yep
Original post by fishandrice
There's soo many threads here one English literature AQA tomorrow and there are some helpful stuff e.g. predictions but it's hard to keep up with all of them

Can someone make like a skype group chat or something so we can help each other by contributing ideas. There's one for maths as well so I think I might check that out?
I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF SOME INTERPRETEATIOS FOR CERTAIN OMAM CHARACTERS omg

You could talk about the general easy stuff of the never ending cycle of dreams failing and the unusual friendship of George an Lennie as it was unusual for migrant workers they only cared about work and the themes of dreams as most of the main character have dreams which fail or didn't come true. Loneliness as this was normal fitting in wasn't part of it as they kept on migrating constantly and who the characters can represent such as Carlson: "What's eating them two guys?" He can represent society as mean and heartless as society went on regardless of the events which had a huge impact on people. Talk about women as they were seen less superior than men and had zilch rights as they were thought weaker and more useless than men by society, talk about these little things. Hope this helped! :smile:
Original post by zXcodeXz
You could talk about the general easy stuff of the never ending cycle of dreams failing and the unusual friendship of George an Lennie as it was unusual for migrant workers they only cared about work and the themes of dreams as most of the main character have dreams which fail or didn't come true. Loneliness as this was normal fitting in wasn't part of it as they kept on migrating constantly and who the characters can represent such as Carlson: "What's eating them two guys?" He can represent society as mean and heartless as society went on regardless of the events which had a huge impact on people. Talk about women as they were seen less superior than men and had zilch rights as they were thought weaker and more useless than men by society, talk about these little things. Hope this helped! :smile:

Also the character of mice and men is a poem which tells about everything being destroyed and the title has a strong indication of the ending and that everything will be destroyed this can mean their dreams and friendship
Reply 5

Thanks, it's just that I feel like I'm lacking with those really deep insightful interpretations. I don't just want to say the basics/obvious points that everyone else will be writing:frown:
Thanks, it's just that I feel like I'm lacking with those really deep insightful interpretations. I don't just want to say the basics/obvious points that everyone else will be writing:frown:

Oh ok do you have specific characters? Or points that you want to mention?
Reply 7
On George; if he is religious then by shooting Lennie he is sacrificing his chance to go to heaven which shows how noble he is.
Reply 8
Oh ok do you have specific characters? Or points that you want to mention?

Slim and Curley
I know Slim is important and the most respected
Curley tries to prove his masculinity (puts on a front etc) - Random question: Do you think the fight scene will come up?
Slim and Curley
Curley tries to prove his masculinity (puts on a front etc) - Random question: Do you think the fight scene will come up?

Well...specifically no it won't come up but If it asks about Curley then 100% mention the fight
Slim and Curley

There was a paper of Edexcel GCSE English literature 2016 in January and I think it asked about Curley so you won't have to worry about him coming up

Quick Reply

Latest