The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths

If I go through all of the past papers made by AQA and learn how to do the questions is it possible to get an A* or an A?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainzistheword
Of course it is

You really think so? Because I have a feeling that they will like bring some extremely hard questions. Have you done GCSE's?
Reply 3
Original post by zXcodeXz
If I go through all of the past papers made by AQA and learn how to do the questions is it possible to get an A* or an A?

Yes it is
Original post by MairaJayy
Yes it is

Ok thanks, have you done GCSE maths?
You really think so? Because I have a feeling that they will like bring some extremely hard questions. Have you done GCSE's?

Yeah because doing questions is the best way to practice and you get used to what method you should use for questions. Even if they do bring in a question, the most you could lose would be maybe 4 so you can put your working down to gain a few. And if that is the case, many others will struggle too so the grade boundaries will compensate. No I haven't done GCSE, I'm sitting the maths one this week (Edexcel) but I feel quite confident wiht it :smile:
Reply 6
Ok thanks, have you done GCSE maths?

My exam is on Thursday, but it is possible to get an A* by doing lost of past papers. Just to be on the safe side, revise all the topics so you know them in and out. :smile: :smile:
Yeah because doing questions is the best way to practice and you get used to what method you should use for questions. Even if they do bring in a question, the most you could lose would be maybe 4 so you can put your working down to gain a few. And if that is the case, many others will struggle too so the grade boundaries will compensate. No I haven't done GCSE, I'm sitting the maths one this week (Edexcel) but I feel quite confident wiht it :smile:

Ah nice our school done Edexcel last year since it was hard they just switched to AQA because their last year paper was easy and the grade boundaries didn't move
Original post by MairaJayy
My exam is on Thursday, but it is possible to get an A* by doing lost of past papers. Just to be on the safe side, revise all the topics so you know them in and out. :smile: :smile:

Ok thanks! :smile:
Original post by abc_123_
I'm not doing AQA but I do Edexcel and they produce "A* question booklets" for the harder questions you could try to find some of them :smile: xx Good luck

Thanks and good luck to you too!! :smile: xx
Ah nice our school done Edexcel last year since it was hard they just switched to AQA because their last year paper was easy and the grade boundaries didn't move

We've always done Edexcel at our school because they say there's no difference in difficulty just the way its laid out
We've always done Edexcel at our school because they say there's no difference in difficulty just the way its laid out

Yeah true but to be honest I think AQA will be easier if Edexcel is hard again it's really not fair on them students
Yeah true but to be honest I think AQA will be easier if Edexcel is hard again it's really not fair on them students

True, I better hope it not bad then :redface:

Good luck to you :smile:
True, I better hope it not bad then :redface:

Good luck to you :smile:

Yeah true and good luck to you too!! :smile:
Ok thanks! :smile:
I'm doing Edexcel GCSE and the novels are Of Mice And Men and An Inspector Calls
Yeah thanks they are the first things that I did :smile:
Yes it is possible to get an A* - I sat my GCSE maths last year getting an A* with 90%, you can do it :smile:
Original post by iMacJack
Yes it is possible to get an A* - I sat my GCSE maths last year getting an A* with 90%, you can do it :smile:

How did you manage to do that and what exam board did you do?
How did you manage to do that and what exam board did you do?

Edexcel GCSE higher - and quite simply because I understood the content - I think understanding the Maths is more important and useful than simply being able to regurgitate a markscheme, because understanding the content gives you the ability to adapt and be able to get the more complex questions correct if they change up the style.

Quick Reply

Latest