The Student Room Group

GCSE Literature Analysis

Hey guys! I was just wondering, one of the biggest parts is multiple meanings for Section A. I was just wondering, how are you supposed to do such multiple meanings when you're trying to make them all link together to one theme?

Exam Board: AQA
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by TheNerdxP
Hey guys! I was just wondering, one of the biggest parts is multiple meanings for Section A. I was just wondering, how are you supposed to do such multiple meanings when you're trying to make them all link together to one theme?

when you pick out a word from a quote to zoom in on it might have 2 connotations
Reply 2
Original post by sumaiyamo
when you pick out a word from a quote to zoom in on it might have 2 connotations

Yeah I understand that but for example if Curly's Wife's fingernails are 'red' this could connotate danger which links to betrayal but then you can't say it could also connotate love because it doesn't link to the question about betrayal?
Reply 3
Original post by TheNerdxP
Yeah I understand that but for example if Curly's Wife's fingernails are 'red' this could connotate danger which links to betrayal but then you can't say it could also connotate love because it doesn't link to the question about betrayal?

multiple interpretations could also means multiple STEPS to the analysis i think p.s.i dont study that book/play
Reply 4
Original post by sumaiyamo
multiple interpretations could also means multiple STEPS to the analysis i think p.s.i dont study that book/play

Do you know of any examples if you don't mind? :smile:
Reply 5
i will only be of any use if you study an inspector calls or to kill a mockingbird

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending