The Student Room Group

Kindertransport and To Kill A Mockingbird helpppp

my aqa english literature exam is tomorrow and honestly, I've always gotten B's on my answers on all the past papers I've done. I dont know how to start off my answers, finish them off, and I am honestly clueless as to what characters may come up!

Do you guys have any good sophisticated points on kindertransport or mockingbird? or possible exam questions for both? or just any tips to write a sophisticated answer? my english teacher is sh*t and I've had no clue on how to revise for english I'm literally watching to kill a mockingbird on netflix :frown:
Reply 1
so basically with TKAM in part a you need to highlight the quotes that support the question then lable EVERY SINGLE language technique in the quote and then find what 3 points you can say about the question. use the structure that everyone talks about PEE use at least 2 quotes in each para for section a . Write 2 paras for section a.

For section b its literally ALL context. Use this format PECECE. Point evidence (quote) context explain context and how it links to TKAM. Know all your key scenes and their page numbers so you dont waste time

hope it helped
Reply 2
Original post by sumaiyamo
so basically with TKAM in part a you need to highlight the quotes that support the question then lable EVERY SINGLE language technique in the quote and then find what 3 points you can say about the question. use the structure that everyone talks about PEE use at least 2 quotes in each para for section a . Write 2 paras for section a.

For section b its literally ALL context. Use this format PECECE. Point evidence (quote) context explain context and how it links to TKAM. Know all your key scenes and their page numbers so you dont waste time

hope it helped

i literally dont know any good language techniques do you mind naming some and how i can embed them into my answer
Reply 3
Original post by Asma-A
i literally dont know any good language techniques do you mind naming some and how i can embed them into my answer

metaphor
simile
juxtaposition
oxymoron
verbs
adverbs
noun
prounouns
personal pronouns
hyperbole
polysyndeton
ascending tricolon