The Student Room Group

'Turkish migrants to CRIPPLE the NHS' Brexit minister's WARNING about EU ascension

Penny Mordaunt last night said Turkish ascension could cost under-pressure maternity services nearly £400million in 10 years.

The Vote Leave campaigner pointed to high Turkish birth rates 17.4 per 1,000 people compared to 12.1 in Britain in 2014.

She is also concerned about Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia being allowed to join the trading bloc.

Rea More:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/672611/Turkey-migration-NHS-Brexit-EU-referendum-Penny-Mordaunt
Very concerning indeed
Original post by The Truth Now
Penny Mordaunt last night said Turkish ascension could cost under-pressure maternity services nearly £400million in 10 years.

The Vote Leave campaigner pointed to high Turkish birth rates 17.4 per 1,000 people compared to 12.1 in Britain in 2014.

She is also concerned about Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia being allowed to join the trading bloc.

Rea More:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/672611/Turkey-migration-NHS-Brexit-EU-referendum-Penny-Mordaunt

You do realize we have a veto to stop them joining...
You also realize even Boris Johnson said they won't join.
Let the scaremongering continue...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by The Truth Now

Rea More:

The Pope will let them in.
Both sides really need to stop with all this scaremongering bs. It's getting more and more ridiculous by the day.
Not to mention these threads which are going to achieve nothing but create a S**tstorm as two sides claim to be the better option. Just get on with your life and vote whatever the hell you want to when voting day comes around.
Reply 5
True
@TheMcSame @Maker @Bornblue @ODES_PDES @The Truth Now

What I don't understand is that History tells us that millions of British soldiers died for Queen and country defending the realm against foreign invasion. But successive governments since the early 1980's have allowed almost anyone to enter UK. Why are these politicians in power so clueless? Have all those million of soldiers died in vain?
Original post by Audrey18
@TheMcSame @Maker @Bornblue @ODES_PDES @The Truth Now

Have all those million of soldiers died in vain?

No.
Original post by Bornblue
No.

Would you die for Britain is she were to go to war with another foreign power or vice versa?
Original post by Audrey18
Would you die for Britain is she were to go to war with another foreign power or vice versa?

What on earth does this have to do with the EU?
I want to be a part of the common market and be part of a group of nations working together.

Why do I need to die for Britain?
Reply 10
OK, so IF Turkey did get in, which I gather is pretty unlikely, the influx of Turkish in general would be matched by a roughly proportional increase in the working population in the UK in general, and in healthcare in particular. Then a whole bunch of Brits would realise that Turkey is another warm place that they have the right to move to/live in/retire in, and they would ship over there to enjoy the sunshine. Seriously, just chill the hell out. People move from country to country all the time, it happens.
Reply 11
Original post by Bornblue
What on earth does this have to do with the EU?
I want to be a part of the common market and be part of a group of nations working together.

Why do I need to die for Britain?

What it has to do with the EU is that staying in the EU makes war a whole bunch less likely.
Original post by HFBS
What it has to do with the EU is that staying in the EU makes war a whole bunch less likely.

Considering how undemocratic it is, it could be more likely if we are inside the EU. If we're out then we don't have to care, so if there is war, it will be initiated by the EU, in which case why would we want to be in anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending