The Student Room Group

Is this annoying what my bf did or is it me that is petty/prudish?

I went to a pub for something to eat with my boyfriend. I ordered chilli and rice for myself and a salmon meal for him. When the food arrived we started eating it and after a mouthful i said 'its hot this chilli' and put the folk down to have a break lol. He took my plate and with my folk put some in his mouth, realised it was hot and a bit fell out of his mouth back onto my plate. I didnt say anything/tell him off but it kind of put me off eating it a bit lol even though i still finished it. Its annoying little things like this that he does that secretly wind me up.

Do most couples do this, is it me who needs to lighten up or would it annoy most people?

Just be honest as if its me i'l try to change.
Reply 1
Are you dating a slob?
Do you know if he'd noticed what he'd done at the time? If he'd done it knowingly but just carried on then I can see your point. :tongue: Although there's a chance that he's just very laid back and didn't see the point in bringing it up.
Reply 3
Original post by Reue
Are you dating a slob?

No he's not a slob he's the opposite, he said doesnt see people as people unless they are hard working lol.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
No he's not a slob he's the opposite, he said doesnt see people as people unless they are hard working lol.

Must just be a lack of manners then.
Reply 5
Is the problem in the fact he took some of your food, or that the food, um, slipped back out...?
Reply 6
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Do you know if he'd noticed what he'd done at the time? If he'd done it knowingly but just carried on then I can see your point. :tongue: Although there's a chance that he's just very laid back and didn't see the point in bringing it up.

He knew that he'd put my folk in his mouth but he possibly didnt know that some fell out his mouth lol. Its like he spat a bit out cause its too hot. Its not a big issue i dont want to make it one thats why i said nothing to him but i just thought 'how dare he, that was disgusting' lol. I can be funny about things though like im not really keen on kissing that annoys me too sometimes (even though it shouldnt) thats why im wondering if in other situations its me getting annoyed at stuff that i shouldnt.
Reply 7
Original post by Alexion
Is the problem in the fact he took some of your food, or that the food, um, slipped back out...?

I wouldnt of minded if he'd took some with his own folk thats fine. When he took my folk I thought to myself 'just use your own bloody folk' but told myself to get over it..and then when a piece fell out on to the meal that just made me quietly annoyed. :tongue:
Reply 8
I wouldnt of minded if he'd took some with his own folk thats fine. When he took my folk I thought to myself 'just use your own bloody folk' but told myself to get over it..and then when a piece fell out on to the meal that just made me quietly annoyed. :tongue:

OH. FORK. You were confusing me a little :lol:
Reply 9
Original post by Alexion
OH. FORK. You were confusing me a little :lol:

Sorry yea cant spell, folk is person isnt it.
Sorry yea cant spell, folk is person isnt it.

Yup :3

You can be a hard worker and still be a slob. A slobis someone who is messy and dirty and has no table manners.
If someone messed with my food like that, it'd kill my appetite and put me in a bad mood.

It's good you didn't let that put you off and were able to laugh about it, but maybe you should talk to him about your rules of eating together, if you have any..
Original post by WoodyMKC
You can be a hard worker and still be a slob. A slobis someone who is messy and dirty and has no table manners.

table manners :lol:
I went to a pub for something to eat with my boyfriend. I ordered chilli and rice for myself and a salmon meal for him. When the food arrived we started eating it and after a mouthful i said 'its hot this chilli' and put the folk down to have a break lol. He took my plate and with my folk put some in his mouth, realised it was hot and a bit fell out of his mouth back onto my plate. I didnt say anything/tell him off but it kind of put me off eating it a bit lol even though i still finished it. Its annoying little things like this that he does that secretly wind me up.

Do most couples do this, is it me who needs to lighten up or would it annoy most people?

Just be honest as if its me i'l try to change.

Personally i think its disgusting, id hate it if that happened to me. I think you should have told him. If t happens again definitely tell him off but in a nice way cos he shouldve spat it back out in his own plate. I dont even like drinking from the same cup or bottle that someone else used even if it was my boyfriend and i never have done as the thought of other peoples spit in my food and drink makes me feel sick but for some strange reason kissing a partner is different. But i would not have finished the meal because it would have put me off
Just sounds really comfortable around you.
you should have just said to him ew that's disgusting,simple
That's pretty gross!

Surely you share saliva anyway, you're boyfriend and girlfriend... When you kiss there'll of his mouth involved than was on that fork. But still bit rubbish manners.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending