The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iMacJack
Edexcel GCSE higher - and quite simply because I understood the content - I think understanding the Maths is more important and useful than simply being able to regurgitate a markscheme, because understanding the content gives you the ability to adapt and be able to get the more complex questions correct if they change up the style.

Yeah true last years was so hard how?
Original post by zXcodeXz
Yeah true last years was so hard how?

Hmmm... there were a few bits which you had to think about but nothing too outrageous... just go slowly through the exam, checking your answers make sense etc - an example of this would be for example if you're asked to calculate the mean speed of a car, and the max speed the car goes is 50 mph at one point, if you get a mean of over 50 then you're probably wrong... simple things like that to look out for. But yeah take your time because you have plenty of it.
Hmmm... there were a few bits which you had to think about but nothing too outrageous... just go slowly through the exam, checking your answers make sense etc - an example of this would be for example if you're asked to calculate the mean speed of a car, and the max speed the car goes is 50 mph at one point, if you get a mean of over 50 then you're probably wrong... simple things like that to look out for. But yeah take your time because you have plenty of it.

Ok thanks, what a levels are you doing?
Ok thanks, what a levels are you doing?

Maths, Further Maths, Physics & IT. :smile:
Maths, Further Maths, Physics & IT. :smile:

Nice choices I want to do chemistry physics maths and further maths, yours are really hard, what did you get in Physics?
Nice choices I want to do chemistry physics maths and further maths, yours are really hard, what did you get in Physics?

At GCSE?
At GCSE?

Yes
Yes

An A
I've done lots of past and predicted papers and I still don't feel like an A*? Anymore suggestions before the exam this Thursday or should I just continue revising topics?
Original post by MairaJayy
My exam is on Thursday, but it is possible to get an A* by doing lost of past papers. Just to be on the safe side, revise all the topics so you know them in and out. :smile: :smile:
An A

That really good! :smile:
Original post by Tiara006
I've done lots of past and predicted papers and I still don't feel like an A*? Anymore suggestions before the exam this Thursday or should I just continue revising topics?

Continue revising
I've got my GCSE Maths on Thursday, I started revising way back but I would suggest going through all the past papers, any questions you can't do to just note down (topic or the question it's self) learn the method to the question and the topic associated with it.

I'm predicted an A but by doing this I'm confident I could probably get an A* and if it works for me it will for you so don't worry too much
Original post by innermight
I've got my GCSE Maths on Thursday, I started revising way back but I would suggest going through all the past papers, any questions you can't do to just note down (topic or the question it's self) learn the method to the question and the topic associated with it.

I'm predicted an A but by doing this I'm confident I could probably get an A* and if it works for me it will for you so don't worry too much

Ok thanks for the advice! :smile:
I did my maths AQA GCSE last year and got an A*, past paper questions are the best way to learn this close to the exam I reckon.

Good luck!
Original post by ThatDoesntTickle
I did my maths AQA GCSE last year and got an A*, past paper questions are the best way to learn this close to the exam I reckon.

Good luck!

Thanks and yeah last years AQA was easy I really hope it will be as easy as that this year

Quick Reply

Latest