The Student Room Group

Of Mice and Men - Carlson

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
And they've repeated Curley's wife's character so what's to say they don't repeat another character with a different extract? i know it is highly unlikely but from what i've seen from other exams so far this year is going to be hard so just revise everything even though it has come up before and don't just solely focus on carlson's character obviously still go over it but yeah.
In EDEXCEL it was not slim who came up, it was George in 2013
Original post by princessmaide
But then with Edxecel you get two questions to choose from

Am I on the wrong thread??!! I do AQA so I don't get a choice, unfortunately. :frown:
Reply 43
Original post by Banana00
Am I on the wrong thread??!! I do AQA so I don't get a choice, unfortunately. :frown:

I do AQA too tbh i think this thread is a mix of both people who do edexcel and AQA and yeah i totally think its unfair we don't get a choice btw do you do 'The Crucible'? Only because i can't find anyone on TSR who acc does it! :s-smilie:
Reply 44
I highly doubt it's going to be on Carlson ,he gets minimal lines and appearances and we never go over him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 123moon
I do AQA too tbh i think this thread is a mix of both people who do edexcel and AQA and yeah i totally think its unfair we don't get a choice btw do you do 'The Crucible'? Only because i can't find anyone on TSR who acc does it! :s-smilie:

No, I do 'Lord of the Flies' - sorry! :h::h:
Reply 46
Original post by davist
Slim came up in 2013
Not in edexcel. Probably AQA. Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm doing Edexcel
screw this novel LOL
Reply 48
Original post by Proxenus
screw this novel LOL

Screw this whole exam :biggrin:
Original post by Milts
Screw this whole exam :biggrin:

the day i had my last english exam i literally threw my book into the bin and said Fcuk you in front of the whole class
Reply 50
Original post by Proxenus
the day i had my last english exam i literally threw my book into the bin and said Fcuk you in front of the whole class

loool I honestly just want to burn all my english stuff. It's been annoying me for the past two years now. I can't believe tomorrows exam is 50% of final grade. That has been scaring me the most because damn this is some important exam. But fck it :s-smilie:
Reply 51
I highly doubt Carlson would come up at least not for a longer question (pretty sure I had Carlson as a short question back many eons ago, I did WJEC)
Reply 52
Original post by CaptErin
If Carlson came up on the exam on Monday as the character to analyse, what would you put?

So far all I can come up with is that he shows a lack of empathy when he shoots Candy's dog, and something about the social hierarchy because he is considered higher than Candy.

Everyone analyses language in order to achieve Ao2 marks, however analysing form can help your response stand out.
Because the novella is written as a third person narrative, this 'third person' could be american society, dispassionate to the events that unravel and simply 'looking on'.
You could mention how Carlson links closest with the third person as he is dispassionate and desensitized due to the way he has grown all too familiar with the lifestyle of a ranchworker
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by 123moon

I'm doing The Crucible - it's the worst! :smile:
Original post by Milts
Not in edexcel. Probably AQA. Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm doing Edexcel

What books are you doing? I'm doing The Hound of the Baskervilles & Of Mice and Men. I'm literally ready for tomo haha!
Reply 55
Original post by CaptErin
I'm doing The Crucible - it's the worst! :smile:

I know right it's horrible 😭
Original post by Banana00
True, but they might decide to be really mean. :frown:

if they are really mean i hope they put the grade boundries down! :s-smilie:
Legit nothing to write about him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending