The Student Room Group

Full break

How do you deal with a full break? I don't want to contact him or miss him, I just want to be on my own for a while.
So...you've broken up? No? What are the reasons for the break? What are the boundaries of this break?
Reply 2
Durant scare me cuz when Durant score he dont say nothing.
Reply 3
I need to recharge and the relationship was emotionally draining especially recently. And I don't know about boundaries, just a test of loyalty without the person and for them to be themselves. But, I wont be influencing or talking to him as much.
Did you specify when you should contact each-other again?

Just stay away, don't text or try find out what they're doing. Pretty simple in my opinion, though I know in practice it can be difficult. At the end of the day you'll be back together (assuming they respect the boundaries of the break and understand why you're both doing it).
Reply 5
No, I told him when I am 100% ready I'll come back. And yeah, i'm trying to do the no text thing, so hopefully it'll help. I just need to think about just me.
Test of loyalty? Sounds like you're playing games.

Closest way to get a decent person running away is playing games. Just saying.
Reply 7
Original post by DanteTheDoorWot
Test of loyalty? Sounds like you're playing games.

Closest way to get a decent person running away is playing games. Just saying.

So, I can't go on a break and hope to comeback to someone who is loyal and hasn't gone and slept with people as soon as they are free? an exaggerated example, but, what I am trying to say, I just want to see if he misses me and if he can still love me when I am unavailable and need space. And I did tell him all this, just in case it sounded like i'm playing games. But, the main reason is, i'm emotionally and mentally drained in it.
Original post by Anonymous
So, I can't go on a break and hope to comeback to someone who is loyal and hasn't gone and slept with people as soon as they are free? an exaggerated example, but, what I am trying to say, I just want to see if he misses me and if he can still love me when I am unavailable and need space. And I did tell him all this, just in case it sounded like i'm playing games. But, the main reason is, i'm emotionally and mentally drained in it.

Why? If you are emotionally and mentally drained by a relationship why go back to it? It sounds like you are playing games and stringing him along without really knowing what you want. You sound insecure.
Reply 9
Original post by DanteTheDoorWot
Why? If you are emotionally and mentally drained by a relationship why go back to it? It sounds like you are playing games and stringing him along without really knowing what you want. You sound insecure.

aren't we all ? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
aren't we all ? :smile:

Not really, games like this are cases of extreme insecurity and even immaturity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending