The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys Saj here (aka Loopa),

Thought I'd just add something regarding paper 2 as I don't want to set any false expectations after the success of the paper 1 predictions:

I told people in my predictions post for paper 2 on Loopa that it is incredibly hard to predict this unit due to its incredibly awkward layout so please don't rely on it - you need to revise everything. I was really close not to releasing anything for it but it's just the constant messages I got that made me cave. I'm going to need a few exam windows to get to grips with this unit.

Learn everything please.

Saj aka Loopa
(edited 7 years ago)
Please can someone write out a model 6 marker for explaining the fight or flight response?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
Please can someone write out a model 6 marker for explaining the fight or flight response?

Posted from TSR Mobile

During the fight or flight response, the autonomic nervous system first changes from it's parasympathetic(resting) state to the sympathetic state. The pituatary gland then releases ACTH(hormone) which causes affeta the adrenal glands causing them to release adrenaline into the bloodstream. This triggers physiological changes in the body necessary for the flight or fight response. These changes include increased heart rate and breathing rate. Once the threat has passed, the body returns to its parasympathetic state.There ya goPosted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://psychbug.co.uk/Biopsychology%20revision%20guide%20AS%20PB.pdf
Does anyone have revision resources?
Cognitive approach came up in the 2015 for the old spec which indicates that the people re taking will get biological approach as that hasn't come up in years for them and cognitive hasn't come up in the specimen papers for us, so we will be getting cognitive approach
Original post by m_wharrier
Cognitive approach came up in the 2015 for the old spec which indicates that the people re taking will get biological approach as that hasn't come up in years for them and cognitive hasn't come up in the specimen papers for us, so we will be getting cognitive approach

Damn this is my least favourite part which I am npt good at as well as the biological approach. I would much rather a psychopathology 12 marker!
Does anyone think there will be much on Wudnt and intropection?
I have a feeling there's going to be a 6 marker on CBT and systematic desensitisation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by roastedcrumbs
During the fight or flight response, the autonomic nervous system first changes from it's parasympathetic(resting) state to the sympathetic state. The pituatary gland then releases ACTH(hormone) which causes affeta the adrenal glands causing them to release adrenaline into the bloodstream. This triggers physiological changes in the body necessary for the flight or fight response. These changes include increased heart rate and breathing rate. Once the threat has passed, the body returns to its parasympathetic state.There ya goPosted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can somebody briefly evaluate the biological approach please?
Should I learn the DSM-5 categories for phobias, depression and OCD?
does anyone know what will come up for the emergence of psychology as a science?
Reply 154
Hey does anyone know if the PSYA units (old spec) will still be available next year, 2017? I'm considering entering myself for PSYA1 (to get a higher grade?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by angellll
Can somebody briefly evaluate the biological approach please?

Just evaluate? Well in that case
(1) The biological approach is scientific, the use of experimental methods such as lab experiments allows the researcher rigorous ways of collecting and evaluating evidence. Therefore the result of a controlled environment is the ability to establish a cause and effect relationship thus making the research conclusive.
(2) The biological approach has many practical applications, for example the development of drugs to correct chemical imbalances.
(3) However the biological approach is reductionist, the approach argues human behaviour can be explained through genes and neurotransmitters, it ignores the idea of other factors such as cognitions or emotions.
Can someone outline the emergence of psychology for me with key dates? I just need to know where the behaviourist approach emerges within the timeline, thanks!
Original post by saynarda
Can someone outline the emergence of psychology for me with key dates? I just need to know where the behaviourist approach emerges within the timeline, thanks!

Wundt's approach was based on empiricism which is the belief that all knowledge is derived from sensory experiences.
Empiricists believe that knowledge comes from observation and experience alone rather than being innate.
Wundt believed that behaviour is caused and is therefore, predictable.
This was the hallmark of the scientific method which allowed scientific psychology to be a branch of knowledge.

Sorry, I don't really know any key dates.
Reply 158
Original post by Mephestic
Hi guys Saj here (aka Loopa),

Thought I'd just add something regarding paper 2 as I don't want to set any false expectations after the success of the paper 1 predictions:

I told people in my predictions post for paper 2 on Loopa that it is incredibly hard to predict this unit due to its incredibly awkward layout so please don't rely on it - you need to revise everything. I was really close not to releasing anything for it but it's just the constant messages I got that made me cave. I'm going to need a few exam windows to get to grips with this unit.

Learn everything please.

Saj aka Loopa

Saj did you go QE?
Original post by angellll
Wundt's approach was based on empiricism which is the belief that all knowledge is derived from sensory experiences.
Empiricists believe that knowledge comes from observation and experience alone rather than being innate.
Wundt believed that behaviour is caused and is therefore, predictable.
This was the hallmark of the scientific method which allowed scientific psychology to be a branch of knowledge.

Sorry, I don't really know any key dates.

Thanks but I mean the timeline in which psychology emerged :x

Quick Reply