The Student Room Group

A-levels and GCSEs at the same time?

I am 21 and now that I understand what I want to do and I now know that I want to go to university. I don't have any qualifications. So I now want to do 3-4 A-levels and 2 GCSEs. Is it possible to complete both within a year. I would be spending around 7-8 hours everyday and would have a tutor come in at least once a week.
Is it possible to do it within a year?

Thanks.
Original post by Joshuaj1995
I am 21 and now that I understand what I want to do and I now know that I want to go to university. I don't have any qualifications. So I now want to do 3-4 A-levels and 2 GCSEs. Is it possible to complete both within a year. I would be spending around 7-8 hours everyday and would have a tutor come in at least once a week.
Is it possible to do it within a year?

Thanks.

Its not impossible but would be quite challenging, have you considered doing a level 3 access course instead as those are meant to be done full time across one year?
From what I know A levels can be pretty challenging, if you're pretty motivated and good with managing your time and staying focused you could, what I'd suggest is with your a level choices and GCSES maybe consider doing a mix of both coursework based subjects, performance based and exams just so it all balances out. Pick the subjects dependant on what you know you will be good at - I thought A levels would be for me but I ended up doing a BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3. I think it would be hard to do in one year, but the GCSES could be done in like half a year easily but not too sure about the A levels
Reply 3
Do you know around what date GCSEs exams are taken?
Original post by Joshuaj1995
Do you know around what date GCSEs exams are taken?

Usually May and June

Quick Reply

Latest