The Student Room Group

Will skin pigmentation from eczema eventually go back to normal?

So after being misdiagnosed 4 times (!!!) I have some eczema on my hips. The other doctors and chemists treated it as a fungal thing. Anti fungal treatments obviously did nothing.
The doctor who knew what it was gave me mometasone steroid cream which has improved it massively. It's no longer dried out with dead skin flaking off it, feels like normal skin and doesn't itch anymore. The colour has turned lighter but it's still in patches that are darker than my normal skin tone. I don't want to have darker patches of skin for obvious reasons.
Anyone else had this and do they go?
Original post by Strawberry68
So after being misdiagnosed 4 times (!!!) I have some eczema on my hips. The other doctors and chemists treated it as a fungal thing. Anti fungal treatments obviously did nothing.
The doctor who knew what it was gave me mometasone steroid cream which has improved it massively. It's no longer dried out with dead skin flaking off it, feels like normal skin and doesn't itch anymore. The colour has turned lighter but it's still in patches that are darker than my normal skin tone. I don't want to have darker patches of skin for obvious reasons.

I havent suffered from excema in years but when i did my skin did go back to its normal colour after a month or two.
Reply 2
Original post by Strawberry68

i'm suffering from eczema/dry skin, it is totallly annoynig since one day it is good then the next day it goes back to itself(dry,flaky etc). last year i was itching at specific area(just above my nose) and my skin which is brown had a little round white pigmentation and it took months recovering to its normal skin colour and for me the doctor said it will recover itself.
i would say you should go to your doctor and tell them your issue, but i'm quite sure they will say your skin will heal in time.Her is a website which may help you :smile:

http://www.askdoctork.com/why-am-i-developing-dark-patches-of-skin-on-my-face-201206212105
Reply 3
It will fade back to your normal skin colour over time. Don't use the topical steroid cream for too long though, it could have adverse effects on your skin.

Quick Reply

Latest