The Student Room Group

results day??

On Thursday 25th August, I'm going to go to my school and get my results, (and yes I know I should be revising to achieve those said GCSE's instead of starting threads like this- I know). I need to know if it's remotely possible for me to get my grades and not have to open them in front of other human beings. There's peer-pressure, teacher-pressure and I don't know if you're meant to open them so you can go to your chosen sixth form on that day. Speaking of, do you just turn up at whatever sixth form you got a place, what happens to the others you accepted? Do you inform them...or what? Can anyone just explain what happens on results day, because I'm confusing myself
On results day at my school, we were just invited to drop in at any time on a certain day to collect our results; and basically, some teachers were sitting in the maths room which was right by reception. I just went into the reception, got sent to the maths room, had a short chat with the teacher there who had my results(she just asked me whether I was happy with my grades, I said no; she said 'yeah, you could have done better'). It wasn't particularly stressful; and I just walked off afterwards with no fuss. Might be worse if your results are particularly bad. (I got mostly Bs, and I was originally predicted A*s, so my teachers were a bit disappointed but they didn't shame me or anything)

If you ask, they'll probably let you take your results without having to talk to anyone about them, if you're worried about doing badly.
I didn't go to sixth form though, so I don't know if maybe the teachers are meant to talk to you about that if you are going to sixth form. I'd guess that they'd discuss it later though, because it would just be awkward to talk about it as soon as you get your results.
lol just walk in, pick up your results and walk straight out
I'm getting my GCSE results aswell BUT I thought enrolment day was not on the same day as results day? My school is sending our results online so I don't have to come to school and show others- Chaeyoung tho :tongue:
Reply 5
Just find somewhere quiet to open them, you don't have to open them in front of anyone. Besides, most people will be focusing on their own results.
Reply 6
Original post by Jazzyboy
On results day at my school, we were just invited to drop in at any time on a certain day to collect our results; and basically, some teachers were sitting in the maths room which was right by reception. I just went into the reception, got sent to the maths room, had a short chat with the teacher there who had my results(she just asked me whether I was happy with my grades, I said no; she said 'yeah, you could have done better'. It wasn't particularly stressful; and I just walked off afterwards with no fuss. Might be worse if your results are particularly bad. (I got mostly Bs, and I was originally predicted A*s, so my teachers were a bit disappointed but they didn't shame me or anything)

If you ask, they'll probably let you take your results without having to talk to anyone about them, if you're worried about doing badly.

Thank you for that anecdote, it helped me out a lot. I wouldn't mind talking to one teacher, if there's not a multitude than I'll be totally fine. It's good to hear that it won't be tooo stressful. :h:

Original post by Daniel9998
lol just walk in, pick up your results and walk straight out

I hope it really will be that easy, in that case I will fly out of that place.

Original post by _floralnavy
I'm getting my GCSE results aswell BUT I thought enrolment day was not on the same day as results day? My school is sending our results online so I don't have to come to school and show others- Chaeyoung tho :tongue:

I thought so too, but one of my sixth forms said 'come on 25/08' and I was like?? The same day??
-and yes it is Chae! I see $3 Yoongi- if I'm not mistaken- in yours, I almost had a heart attack gaaaahhh :nutcase:

Original post by Flammae
Just find somewhere quiet to open them, you don't have to open them in front of anyone. Besides, most people will be focusing on their own results.

That's good to hear, guess I'm a bit self entitled thinking that everyone would be so interested in my grades- they have their GCSE's too. Thanks for the advice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest