The Student Room Group

Do women need men anymore?????

As a woman I honestly don't feel like I need a man relationship wise. What could a man offer me?

I make my own money and pay my own bills. I have a nice car. Kids? Sperm donor or just buy a dog. Sex? Vibrator(most men are rubbish in bed) or a FWB would do. protection? Police(note: 2 women a week are killed by their partners so maybe we need protection from them instead) . I can fix my own thing -well I can change a bulb, do the D.I,Y etc

Conversation? I get that at work and with friends. Emotional comfort? Women are better at it so one of my female friends will do.

Oh and I forgot to add that married women are the most unhappiest people- various studies support this. After the glamour of the big wedding wears off most women come to the realisation that they f'ed up. Besides how many men out there truly respect they wives and not expect them to be they second mothers or servants.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes it's physically possible for someone to do everything on their own but when companionship and the split of all the things you mentioned is available with someone you love and value why would you not share that with them?
Original post by Sarahsez
Kids? Sperm donor or just buy a dog.

WHAT
You don't need a man, just as a man doesn't need a woman- most people just like to have someone else to have around and have a close relationship with (usually more intimate than that with a dog- dogs can't talk back after all so conversation can be pretty one-sided!) If all your needs, social, emotional etc. are being fulfilled, then there's no need for a partner- but most people don't have that kind of fulfillment from everyday life.
Original post by Angry Bird
WHAT

I got the impression she was only thinking of walking the dog. It was just a different version of get a cat.
As a woman I honestly don't feel like I need a man relationship wise. What could a man offer me?

I make my own money and pay my own bills. I have a nice car. Kids? Sperm donor or just buy a dog. Sex? Vibrator(most men are rubbish in bed) or a FWB would do. protection? Police(note: 2 women a week are killed by their partners so maybe we need protection from them instead) . I can fix my own thing -well I can change a bulb, do the D.I,Y etc

Conversation? I get that at work and with friends. Emotional comfort? Women are better at it so one of my female friends will do.

This is a slight generalisation of every man here.^

Maybe you're just going through a rough time in your life?

(But yes, just get a dog. They'll love you more than anything lol)
(edited 7 years ago)
Kids? Sperm donor or just buy a dog

Somewhat legally and biologically dubious.

Spoiler

Relationships aren't about what you gain and 'what's in it for you'.. It's about what you can offer another person.
I wonder the type of comments I would get if I made a thread titled "Do men even need women???" and generalised all women.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As a man I honestly don't feel like I need a woman relationship wise. What could a woman offer me?

I make my own money and pay my own bills. I can then buy a nice car. Kids? Surrogacy or just adopt a child. Sex? A fleshlight or a my left hand will suffice. protection? My fist, knife anything lying around i can get my hands on. I can fix my own things, Just use google or read up on an instruction manual.

Conversation? I get that at work and with friends. Emotional comfort? Who needs a woman for this? Men can comfort each other with their manly muscles.
Its ok if you dont want to be in a relationship or are happy with being by yourself. Its your choice.
But let me tell you this. Nature can never be changed. Male and female relationship is nature. Its how human beings developed and reproduced.
Those women who say they dont need men anymore will be happy by themselves for some time. But once they get older, at around 60-80 years old, nature will get to them. Those women will eventually get sad/regret not being in a relationship.
Btw, most men are rubbish in bed? How do you know that?

It works the other way round, too. If you don't want a relationship, that's fine - nobody is/should be forcing you. But don't generalise entire genders, and note that people don't usually go into relationships to gain something - it's normally for company. If you're ok with just a dog, fine, but I think you're misunderstanding relationships a bit.
Reply 12
You'll be robbing your child of a male presence, which in my mind a child needs. Both a father and a mother. Otherwise that is unfair on the child
What ever you've been smoking, seems like some good sh*t. Send me some.
(P.S You need the bible)
(edited 7 years ago)
Only to reproduce with that is they only thing they are needed for.
Original post by Kylie Jenner
Men are useless creatures. But you need to keep one around to deter others from hitting on you or sexually harassing you. The male brain is small.

Just have a guard dog to protect you they do a better job.

It's more a question of why do people have relationships rather than do women need men I feel.
Reply 18

Deep, passionate, sexual and romantic love? Assuming you're straight, anyway.
women don't need men.
women just want men so much that it can feel like they need them.

Latest

Trending

Trending